Monday 1/2/2017 What's on the plate Nate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am thinking of frying green peppers and onions that were left unused for holidays. Some will be frozen for western omelets. Tonight will probably be peppers, onions, Yukon potatoes as a side with sandwiches or added to scrambled eggs with the addition of diced tomato and cheddar cheese (and maybe some chopped deli ham).

I'm defrosting some beef shanks for a pot of beef barley soup with mushrooms. SO is out and will pick up a baguette.

I totally do not know. I have some ground beef/pork cooked up with just some salt and pepper so there is a start. I also have some awesome gravy left from the rouladen so maybe a stronganoff knock-off! :LOL:

We have some wonderful leftover rib roast from yesterday. I am very pleased with how it turned out, though the directions in the HyVee brochure stated to cook it fat-cap up. It kept flopping over on its side. OK, fine. I flipped it over half way to the other side. It got a nice crust anyway.

I used an instant read thermometer, but it lied to me. The minute I pulled it out it instantly went down a few degrees. So the roast was more medium well than medium rare. Still delicious.

More of the new years dish. (Sauteed, shredded cabbage, with black eyed peas, mushroom, and prosciutto added)

Daughter, SIL, and grandtoddler were over for dinner. Rusty chicken thighs (foodwishes.com) on the grill, faux risotto milanese in the zoji, and roasted brussel sprouts. GT liked the chicken, but eventually decided that risotto is the best. Happy that I'm getting good reviews from a 14 month old food critic.

Scrapped dinner plans. Fingers aching. Hub ordered pizza.

Chicken in the air fryer...

img_1494494_0_85fe575962c13dda79da82b29f34f8bf.jpg

One of my new year resolutions is to eat fish and/or seafood twice a week. So today when DH went to the store, I added salmon to the list. I had about a quarter pound of crabmeat left from the weekend and DH also got four scallops with the deal Kroger had. So tonight we had a seafood platter with roasted veggies.

I roasted green beans and yellow bell peppers tossed with Penzeys Mural of Flavor and salmon crusted with homemade Dijon mustard and honey. Meanwhile, I pan-seared crab cakes and scallops and served it all with with lemon-parsley aioli for dipping. Good stuff :yum:

Attachments

• 1483418224424.jpg
    1483418224424.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
We ended up with Italian sausages with pan fries and salad. The cooked ground meat will wait until tomorrow.

Looks good GG and s&p. Sounds good everyone else. LP, your "stroganoff knock-off" almost rhymes. ;)

Family favorite here at Chez Loverly: hot dogs with onions and potatoes. Got some good Swebel's "Rueben Rye" to go with. Honey, I'm home! :heart:

You lucky lot! I'm recovering from a perforated ulcer that hit me over Christmas, caused by sterocorticode painkillers that I was prescribed after an orthopedic op. All I can have now, until further tests, is cooked fruit, purèed, cold, and cold still mineral water, and then it's a slow road back. But I'm enjoying reading what you're doing, and getting inspiration for things I can do when I'm eating normally again. I'm still cooking for OH, tho' - he'd faint if he had to eat what I'm having to at the moment. So word of caution, dear friends: if you start getting pain in the stomach that doesn't go away after a few hours, get medical advice. Don't just assume it's indigestion!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

You lucky lot! I'm recovering from a perforated ulcer that hit me over Christmas, caused by sterocorticode painkillers that I was prescribed after an orthopedic op. All I can have now, until further tests, is cooked fruit, purèed, cold, and cold still mineral water, and then it's a slow road back. But I'm enjoying reading what you're doing, and getting inspiration for things I can do when I'm eating normally again. I'm still cooking for OH, tho' - he'd faint if he had to eat what I'm having to at the moment. So word of caution, dear friends: if you start getting pain in the stomach that doesn't go away after a few hours, get medical advice. Don't just assume it's indigestion!

Oh dear, di, I'm so sorry. Hope you recover quickly.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Oh no! Feel better soon, di!

Back
Top Bottom