Monday 10/20 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Panang curry with chicken over brown rice tonight. Probably start with a salad first though. Have some green tea to go with it.

Philly cheese steaks and a salad.

Edited to add photos.

img_707304_0_ab8a8a224522875e6b9b06e3c78ccee1.jpg
img_707304_1_93de8a726a40c4ae36fc83818d48f9d6.jpg

Thawed chicken, but noones is here to eat it, DD and hubby are hunting and will be in any minute. So I have no idea what to have.

mikki, maybe chix salads...
Pittsburgers layer chix over a salad, with fries, then mozzarella or provelone. delish!!!

Wahoo melts (bake wahoo with lime & celery salt, flake add mayo, apples, celery, red onion, toasted almonds on a toasted roll with arugula then topped with an Italian cheese blend, parm, asiago, moz put under broiler until bubbly) & fruit salad. Cheesecake with raspberry & chocolate swirls.

We had lentil and sausage soup. Gs made the mix in SS yesterday and wanted me to make it today. I was surprised how good it was and I only had to add diced tomatoes and sliced sausage. We had it with rye bread and cheese, then pumpkin pie for dessert. BTW - in Florida it was 52 this morning and we are loving the cool weather - all the windows are open for a change.

Mikki - how about "chicken" for dinner tonight?

You thawed it out, why not cook it? What made you think your hunters wouldn't want chicken tonight?

Well, the border wanted to eat early and had a fried egg and bacon sandwich. So now it is just DH and I. Didn't get the hamburger soup made so I think it will be tomato for him, mushroom for me and some bacon sammies to go with it.

I ended up finishing up the coleslaw I made yesterday morning.... right after I made up a new batch for my father, sister and BIL for their dinner tomorrow. Dad's stopping out tomorrow and I will give it to him then. He makes ribs every Tuesday for them, but they eat at 5:15 and I can't be there that early. Even if I can't eat with them, at least I can contribute. I think I am going to like keeping cabbage in the veggie drawer. This will work well when I want some kind of salad because it lasts so much longer than lettuce.

So, Pacanis, can I take it from this that the food processor is working well for you? Do you do anything besides coleslaw?

I wiggled my nose and the chicken turned into a Dominos pizza! I know.. Yuck but it's the ONLY place that delivers ANYTHING in this town.

I worked midnights on Sunday night and had to be back at work at 6:00pm Monday evening. In my tired stupor I pulled a plastic dish containing 2 big hunks of Lasagna out of the freezer. I took that to work along with my bottle of Spicy Ranch Dressing. I bartered with a single guy at work. He bought the salads and I shared my Lasagna. Worked for me.

So, Pacanis, can I take it from this that the food processor is working well for you? Do you do anything besides coleslaw?

I used it to make skinny fries once, then I took the fries and finished dicing them by hand. That worked pretty well.
And those cupcakes are right around the corner. Maybe today even.
I have found the plunger lid to be a real pain in the butt to rinse out. I imagine safety standards prevent the plunger from being made to come out. I need to dig out the VCR and play the tape that came with it for some more ideas, but there aren't a lot of times I need to process that much food to want to use it all the time. When I'm done munching on that brisket I cooked the other day, I was going to see what happens when I toss in some meat chunks. I'd like to save some of the smoked meat for chili in small, ready to use pieces.
Right now I would still consider it a gadget. it hasn't earned tool status with me yet ;)

Back
Top Bottom