Monday, 2/28/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beef stroganoff, rice, broccoli, and blondies. Not inspired, but easy after a stormy day. I have some triple beef stock and thought about pho, which would have been more weather suitable, but would have also required shopping for japs, limes and holy basil. Too much work in the rain, LOL.

I just want to say "thank you" to everyone here. I love seeing what everyone comes up with for suppers, etc. I kind of feel like a peeping Tom sometimes, but it is interesting and I've picked up some good ideas. I'm really enjoying being a member of this community!:chef:

This was Mark's dinner.... homemade meatballs in beef gravy over roasted potatoes, baby carrots and bread on the side.
img_974163_0_c5b723292df95d62bc1c70d71bf756e4.jpg

img_974163_1_90d936ffb0fd6dcc62571823d9ecceaa.jpg

I took a few meatballs, pepper-jack cheese, mushrooms a bit of the gravy and made a Hot Pocket, using a tomato-basil tortilla. It's still in the oven.

I had leftover Alfredo noodles and a taco pizza: salsa with cojac, Swiss and grated 3 cheese (spaghetti type). Made 2, toasted one and ate it saved the made up one for toasting later.

I served it on a melmac plate so oozing cheeses wouldn't be lost.:LOL::pig:

Last edited:
That's a fine looking pizza pacanis!!!!! I've never tried it but I hear that King Arthur makes a dough relaxer that works great when your trying to stretch your dough out thin.

VB, that dinner looks wonderful!

Last edited:
Well, I did end up serving the leftover chicken, but I didn't make potatoes, bc I realized that I still had some brown rice in the fridge. I served rice with stir fry veggies along with orange sauce. It was actually really good. Not what I would usually serve with bbq chicken, but it worked.

Our dinner tonight, well..I had to cook TWICE!! *bangs head on wall* It was chili. Most unimpressive. TWO pots of it too! The first, I mistaked garlic salt for garlic powder. WHY O' WHY do they even make garlic salt in the first place to me is such a mystery...WHO on earth has garlic, but not salt to me is mind-boggling in itself. WHY I have it in MY kitchen, nextly, is most perplexing as well. I never, EVER want to make chili for the rest of my life!! :(

Whole wheat fettuccine with sauteed shallots, garlic, and mushrooms.

Our dinner tonight, well..I had to cook TWICE!! *bangs head on wall* It was chili. Most unimpressive. TWO pots of it too! The first, I mistaked garlic salt for garlic powder. WHY O' WHY do they even make garlic salt in the first place to me is such a mystery...WHO on earth has garlic, but not salt to me is mind-boggling in itself. WHY I have it in MY kitchen, nextly, is most perplexing as well. I never, EVER want to make chili for the rest of my life!! :(

Oh man! It's why I don't have it in my kitchen!

What did you finally end up eating?:ohmy:

Oh, we had chili alright...just not the first batch. First batch reminded me gobs of hot-dog-chili. I decided to "chuck-it" perhaps too early on. Thankfully, I had gobs of "remake" ingredients available, so, I just began anew.....*whew* life saver for me too in my case!!! 2nd batch far outshined the first!!!
Again, any more chili, will come from Lonestar!!

Last edited:
Oh, we had chili alright...just not the first batch. First batch reminded me gobs of hot-dog-chili. I decided to "chuck-it" perhaps too early on. Thankfully, I had gobs of "remake" ingredients available, so, I just began anew.....*whew* life saver for me too in my case!!! 2nd batch far outshined the first!!!
Again, any more chili, will come from Lonetar!!

Sorry about your experience. It isn't funny when it happens.

I had to make a replacement for my stuffing to go with the turkey leftovers after i burned it all to a crisp after stuffing into muffin cups.

Just so you won't feel alone.:LOL:

Last edited:
No evening meal here today. I'm still too sick to drag myself out of bed and in to the kitchen. DH will fend for himself, after work, he's pretty good at that. Probably left over pizza ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking
I hope you feel better soon. I know what it's like, and it's not fun!

DH wanted hoecakes with the white bean and mustard greens soup. We've got some bad weather coming in so I didn't want to be in the kitchen when it hit so dinner is ready early tonight.
I have never had mustard greens, though I like almost all other greens. That soup looks very warming, and the hoecakes look yummy, too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom