Monday, February 5th, dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SizzlininIN said:
I have some ground beef thawing ..... I'm thinking comfort food so I think it'll be meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans.

I just whipped up a batch of homemade chicken noodle soup for our little one as the poor little thing is home sick from school. Boy I hate it when the kids are sick.....I'd gladly take it on myself to relieve them.

The one 'positive' is that children bounce back so much more quickly than adults. So I hope the recovery is quick.:)

Changed my mind about spaghetti. I forgot I put some white beans in water last night. So I'm fixing white beans with something??? I have them simmering right now with carrots, onions, celery & bay leaf. Will remove vegetables in an hour or so and decide how to finish them tonight. Took out some chicken breasts (bone in) to roast.

csalt said:
The one 'positive' is that children bounce back so much more quickly than adults. So I hope the recovery is quick.:)

You are so right about that. Thanks for your thoughts!

SizzlininIN said:
You are so right about that. Thanks for your thoughts!
Sizz,
sorry your little guy is ill. Some of your soup and a few hugs will help. Hope by tomorrow he is up and feeling great.

kadesma:)

seems like a hundred hours ago that I started this post. sleep didn't evade me after I remembered my sisters advice about taking Alka Seltzer Cold which helps one sleep. I think the prednisone is what's keeping me up. Steroids must do that ,yes?

The white beans and the chicken would make a wonderful white chili. The recipe in San Francisco Chronicle has the best recipe for it. Simply wonderful.

I wanted to mention that all of you freezing there back east ought to move out west, it's warmer here. I feel so sorry for you all that it's so blasted cold there. Then I walk outside and play with my doggies, and remove my sweater, cause it's nice out. Our recent freezes have really done a number on our plants out here in southern California. My cactus and everyone's cactus is dead. Our Palms are too. Our citrus and avocados are all dead too.:(

LEFSElover said:
I think the prednisone is what's keeping me up. Steroids must do that ,yes?

They can do that, Lefse. I was on prednisone for a stretch of time a couple of years ago (for a bad flare-up of my asthma) and really struggled sleeping. When I did, it was a bad, restless sleep. Check with your doc to see if you can take something like Tylenol PM to help you.

Hope you don't have to be on them for too long!

I've got some Cheesy Nacho Chicken in the crockpot. Will probably add a baked potato and a green salad to round out the meal.

It's warmer here today then it has been lately. We actually had snow on the ground Thursday afternoon. But, it was gone by Fri. morning. That's one good thing about Texas! The snow can be here today, and gone tomorrow!

Enjoy your day! :)

Well tonight will be .....Blah! thats for sure...

Way to much bread pudding and pecan praline sauce this week-end..Way to many biscuits with Steen's cane syrup...Such big portions of bread pudding..To many biscuits...did I mention the bread pudding and the praline sauce...And oh I forgot a double handful(twice) of Zapp's Cajun CrawTators...
My glucose level this morning said "You naughty, naughty man!:ermm:

I hope all you enjoy you dinner immensely!!

:LOL:

Being ill this weekend, cooking hasn't been a top priority outside of heating up Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup (the cure all) and grilled cheese. I just picked up supper for tonight: Subway.

Mrs. - 6" turkey on white w/ lettuce & mayo

Mine - Footlong Subway Club (turkey, ham, roast beef) with cukes, baby spinach, carrots, green bell peppers, red onion, lettuce, banana peppers, and some (light) mayo.

kadesma said:
No little ones today, til dinner time. So, I just started a pot of clam chowder and plan to make a crab,shrimp salad with sliced celery hearts,avocado, and some small grape tomatoes, just dress it with evoo and vinegar, salt and pdpper and put it on a bed of shredded lettuce..Home made bread..Left over chocolate cake for dessert.
kadesma:)
Do you rent rooms w/meals ? Your menu's always sound so tasty and comfy! Your family are so lucky to have You!!

Barb L. said:
Do you rent rooms w/meals ? Your menu's always sound so tasty and comfy!
Nope, sorry. Kadesma has no more rooms cuz I got the last one.:-p :LOL:

I'm having leftovers...:neutral:

Barb L. said:
Do you rent rooms w/meals ? Your menu's always sound so tasty and comfy! Your family are so lucky to have You!!
Thanks Barb,
I sure do, cept it's full tonight..Guess we better build on another room.:LOL:

kadesma

MJ said:
Nope, sorry. Kadesma has no more rooms cuz I got the last one.:-p :LOL:

I'm having leftovers...:neutral:
Nah, you can have chowder, just pick up some crackers on your way:LOL:

kadesma

Tonight we are going to attempt to roast our mock tenderloin and serve with a Merlot sauce. Not sure about the sides yet.

I have leftover pot roast so I'm making a big pot of beef vegtable soup, cleaned out the veggie bin too. Its bubbling now. Its freezing here so hope this helps us feel warm and toasty.

Tasty stir fry

Just had a delicious stir fry that my wife and I cooked together. Onions, garlic, mushrooms, red and green peppers, scallions with brown rice added, HP sauce stirred into the wok, a small amount of tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, oregano and parsley and basil (dried) added in and all stirred together. Absolutely delicious! We were going to save some but there's none left! LOL

Last edited:
Don't know what to call it, but it sure was good. Usually when I pull a meat from the freezer, I know what I plan to do with it. But not this time, all I knew was I still have some ground chevon that needed eaten. So I sauteed an onion and browned the meat. Then I added a quart jar of home canned pork and beans and another jar of home canned green beans with the liquid. It made a stew that was soupy enough I needed to serve it in a bowl, with some grated parmesan on top. Sounds pretty strange but it was delicious. Served it with herbed rolls.

Back
Top Bottom