"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #11
Sous Chef

got enough leftover pulled pork for dinner tonight and tomorrow night!! :-)

225deg for 8 hours = mmm mmm good!!

Old 02-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Superbowl leftovers.

Mr HB invited a friend over and he wouldn't come into our house after he saw the dogs...they are a little aggressive with strangers for a minute or 2.

We told him they were going to be in the bedroom but he said he couldn't stay and just came over to drop off some beer. We really did feel badly. I guess he thought the dogs would eat through the door.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Spaghetti & salad with green salad - will skip the bread!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #14
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Sauted pork steak, then simmer for couple hr's., w/ crm of mushrom soup and onions. Mashed potatoes, roasted garlic broccoli and making the pecan choc. pie I was suspose to make this weekend. Change of plans - this meal will be tomorrow night - having leftover meatloaf sandwiches grilled w/cheese on toasted buns and sweet sliced onions, cole slaw, hot peppers, fries and chocolate pecan pie - (when it cools)
Old 02-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #15
Executive Chef

tonight will be a burger night...fancy *ss ones with bacon, cheddar, salsa, guacamole etc ...prolly with spud salad of some type and a green salad. WIth this cold weather, hot soup would be better but I had that last night and will again tomorrow so... be it!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #16
Master Chef

We were supposed to have grilled balsamic chicken and vegetable risotto last night but we had such a big lunch (fish tacos, black beans and corn cake) that we weren't hungry. So even though chicken and risotto doesn't sound hearty enough for such a cold day (-20 with windchill!), that's what we're having.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #17
Sous Chef

We're having savoury mince (ground beef do you call it?) topped with cobbler.
Fried onions, mince, Lee&Perrin, stock cube, dash of horse radish and cook. Top with Delia's cheese scone mix and bake. Yummy. Just exercised the chef's righ to taste it. Wish H would hurry up and get home from work so that we can tuck in!
Old 02-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Yesterday, I pulled out some boneless skinless chicken breasts (which I normally avoid). Also, I chopped all our remaining mushrooms, some onions, and most of the roasted garlic puree. I sauteed this, and mixed it with a bunch of bread crumbs to make a roasted garlic duxelle. I plan on stuffing the chicken breasts with it, then browning the breasts off, placing them in a baking pan, topping with cream of mushroom soup, and baking until done. No recipe, just off the top of my head (I had to stuff a few chicken breasts at work Sat., and it got me thinking). I'll have to let you all know how it turns out.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

No little ones today, til dinner time. So, I just started a pot of clam chowder and plan to make a crab,shrimp salad with sliced celery hearts,avocado, and some small grape tomatoes, just dress it with evoo and vinegar, salt and pdpper and put it on a bed of shredded lettuce..Home made bread..Left over chocolate cake for dessert.
kadesma
Old 02-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #20
Master Chef

I have some ground beef thawing ..... I'm thinking comfort food so I think it'll be meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans.

I just whipped up a batch of homemade chicken noodle soup for our little one as the poor little thing is home sick from school. Boy I hate it when the kids are sick.....I'd gladly take it on myself to relieve them.