Monday Jan 9th - What's For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roast beef and provolone with calif. green chilies, sandwich. using 80 calorie italian bread. got lots of fruit for dessert. with a little light cool whip. want whipped cream but not on diet.

My mum used to make a really nice whipped cream substitute by whipping evaporated milk with a bit of lemon juice and then adding powdered sugar to taste. The trick is that everything has to be really cold - ingredients, whisk or egg beater, and bowl.

Home made pizza. Would have been good, but Honey thought putting more cheese on it would make it better. Not.:(

Yesterday I made up a big batch of pierogi, potato/onion and sauerkraut. Had some of each and bowl of tomato soup tonight.

I am not sure what Dad had at the hospital but he seems to be eating so that is a good thing.

I crashed once I got home from the hospital so DH got himself some chicken thighs I cook ahead so he just has to heat them, some salsa and home-made fries from yesterday.

As for me, I did not feel like anything but I have been pressing Dad to eat so thought I should try something. I got a Mickey D's chicken swiss mushroom sandwich, fries and an iced coffee. I had a couple of fries, two bites of sandwich and my throat would take no more. I am working on the iced coffee and a club soda. I think I may try some turkey soup from the freezer later, or good old Lipton Chicken Noodle.

Forgot to post this:

Last night I made a salad with some baby romaine and topped with egg and the last :( of my duck confit. Drizzled with a sherry vinegrette. :yum:

Had a bowl of tomato soup on the side.

Back
Top Bottom