Monday, Memorial Day Dinner 5/27/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made faux s'mores. I assembled them and then microwaved until the marshmallows expanded and capped them. They were yummy.

It's moments like that I wished I had gas burners on my stove. Alas, no gas in the neighborhood. But you're right Kathleen, they're still yummy! :yum:

We were going to have grilled Italian sausage with peppers and onions. Then I spent hours in the garden and Himself plodded behind Mr. Deere for nearly two hours. We can grill tomorrow. Instead I had made the salads before he came in; I grilled up a couple ham/Jarlsberg sandwiches on rye in a CI pan. I prefer them on my Griddler because I don't butter the outside - but the legs didn't want to walk the steps to get it! So tonight they seemed greasy to me. Our tummies were full so it was all good. ;)

so that's where faux fur comes from! :huh:

Yer funny.

I was going to smoke a pork shoulder but by back had other plans. So I put the rub on, set the oven at 225 and put the thing in overnight. No smokey flavor... a little wetter than normal but it was good. Finished with a vinegar sauce and served with more of that sauce and a mustard sauce.

On a plate. Not on a bun.

We did hotdogs, hamburgers and brats on Sunday, and steak and shrimp on Monday. The best of both worlds! :yum:

You could use your grill...

Andy, I am not going to fire up the grill to toast one marshmallow! Our grill isn't on a deck. To get to it we have to go out of the house and walk around to the back, or pop out our bulkhead to access the little patio that the grill is on. If good intentions had built our deck it would have been done years ago. :LOL:

Someday, somewhere I hope to have my dream stove. Gas burners/electric oven. And one monster, outside vented hood over the thing. :chef:

Andy, I am not going to fire up the grill to toast one marshmallow! Our grill isn't on a deck. To get to it we have to go out of the house and walk around to the back, or pop out our bulkhead to access the little patio that the grill is on. If good intentions had built our deck it would have been done years ago. :LOL:

Someday, somewhere I hope to have my dream stove. Gas burners/electric oven. And one monster, outside vented hood over the thing. :chef:

How about a bic then? :LOL:

Frank, maybe I should ask Santa for one of these:
images
;)

Back
Top Bottom