Monday dinner, August 14, 2023, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Beef tataki, a mushroom and edemame salad, and a shrimp salad with sliced cucumbers, grated carrots, and a kimchee base/honey dressing.
20230814_175431.jpg

@Aunt Bea we've had more good cantaloupe this year than in past years. We don't grow them and I don't know anyone in WI that does. I'm not saying no one does, but I haven't seen it or met them. We've been eating them about 2ce a week.
Dinner tonight will be meal sized salads with caesar dressing (ground sesame seeds for the oil portion).

For dinner....I'm working on some meatballs, I've got an onion roasting in the oven...I'll marry those in some gravy of some kind...and we'll have mashed taters too. Not sure what else...yet.

@Aunt Bea, the Hermiston (Oregon) Cantaloupes are at the top of their season, here in the Pacific Northwest. Nothing quite like them. The actually taste like cantaloupe! We're crossing our fingers that the local produce place will get one more delivery of them...they said they are trying!!

I wanted to use the hibachi to cook some burgers, but the grates are grotty and I didn't have the spoons for one more job before cooking supper. DH mixed up the burgers and I cooked them in the cast iron skillet. I served them with sliced onion, lettuce, two kinds of mustard, mayo, and sliced dill pickles. That really hit the spot. I was too tired to bother taking pictures.

For dinner....I'm working on some meatballs, I've got an onion roasting in the oven...I'll marry those in some gravy of some kind...and we'll have mashed taters too. Not sure what else...yet.

@Aunt Bea, the Hermiston (Oregon) Cantaloupes are at the top of their season, here in the Pacific Northwest. Nothing quite like them. The actually taste like cantaloupe! We're crossing our fingers that the local produce place will get one more delivery of them...they said they are trying!!
Once a year we seem to get a great shipment of huge ripe cantaloupes with heavy netting on the rind from Maryland.

You can smell them before you see them in the market!

In the fall we get some good, not great, local melons direct from farmers at the state sponsored regional farmers market.

I never have much luck buying melons and ripening them on the counter for a few days, similar to bananas or tomatoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom