Quicksilver's Quasi Formal Bash! Join in!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. Going to add to the original menu:add hors d'oeuvres (see below)

PLEASE NOTE: This is virtual!

I don't know what my theme is, but after thinking I'd start with a theme using chiopino, I changed my mind.

I'm going to go with a quasi-formal, and stay away from the upcoming usual holiday fare.
However, I'll need input for the wine paring, please.
I don't have alot of knowledge of wines. I only know what I like, and it's not always an appropiate match to the food.

Hors d'oeuvres:

Sausage stuffed mushrooms
asparagus bits in sesame seed/soy sauce
mini eggplant rollatine
liver pate' with crostini
tomato, mozzarella, basil chutney, with bruschetta points

1st course:

Soup: French onion served in individual sourdough bowls (Made by JoeV) topped with baked gruyere

2nd course:

Spinach Salad with hot bacon dressing,served in individual parmasan baskets

Palette cleanser:

Orange or lemon sorbet with ribbon of mint on chinese soup spoons

3rd (main) course:

Crown Pork Roast, with roasted parsnips & carrots in a orange/honey glaze, and whipped parsley potatoes and celery root. Warm popovers with chive butter.

4th (dessert) course:

Cheese, fruit and shelled nut platters (paired with appropriate wines)

5th (final) course:

Chocolates, demitasse, cappuccino, or coffee

(keep in mind this is not just a meal, but an event, a celebration of our community, so it is not an eat and run kind of thing. Sit, stay, and enjoy!)

No problemo QS, I love making stuff like that and I love doing the presentation even more! Just let me know the numbers LOL!!

Ah...we're going virtual! Got it. Then I'm all over it.

And yes Quicksilver, we used to actually prepare the meal we talked about in the thread. So it was a real meal where we all sat down "together" at our own tables. LOL. Sounds a bit nuts doesn't it?

So, how is this going to work? Are you going to pick a day and time and we will all log on and chat about how yummy our meal is?

Sure. Day and time. I'd say Sunday, 8pm EST, as we have all the time zones involved.
You all (LOL! Not too many takers yet, eh?) need to give me suggestions if that's not convenient though. Don't want anyone to miss out.

You know what would be fun and would bring more reality to the virtual? What if someone made each part of the meal and took pictures. We have PD's centerpiece, I can make up a plate of my appies, Joe will make the bread bowls (I wonder how good he is at onion soup!), and QS, you could delegate other parts of the meal so you aren't doing it all!

May be a stupid idea, but thought I would through it out there. Then we post our pictures here, in order, starting Sunday night at 8 EST.

Pics are great, but I don't have the equip. for that.
So I've been finding pics online (will post below)
Someone said they didn't want bread bowls, so we've changed to crocks with JoeVs bread under the cheese.

Go for it, girl!

Here's pics so far.................................

241830.jpg
1st course:Fench Onion
Soup w/ ChefJune's wine

[FONT=Georgia, serif]2nd course: Spinach Salad [/FONT]
in parm bowls

Sausage stuffed mushrooms

Well I figured if I was going to crash your party I should at least bring a nice gift for the hostess, so here you go! Thought we would all enjoy a nice roaring fire!! :)

Attachments

• Kindlinggiftbasket-main_Full[1].jpg
    Kindlinggiftbasket-main_Full[1].jpg
    110 KB · Views: 186
Back
Top Bottom