Sat Jan 7 dinner anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I can't believe no one has started this yet today! Guess everyone is enjoying their weekend.

I have some ham in the freezer so I'm gonna heat that up and make a potato casserole (Cracker Barrel imitation) and green beans.

i have a left over lemon pepper chicken thigh. going to have that with 1/2 sweet potato,nuked. a small spinach salad with artichoke hearts, onions, mushrooms sliced. couple grape tomatoes.

I made pearl onions and bay scallops in a sherried white sauce, served over drained canned spinach with garlic butter. NICE!

Roasted veg soup with corn and bacon. Thank you Chief Longwind for the corn and bacon suggestion! Took it over the top!

Last edited:
I put thin sliced onions in the crockpot, topped with pieces of cube staek, more onions, garlic clove and portobello cream soup with salt and pepper. Will have mashed potatoes and peas with it when it's ready. Sure smells good!

SO had leftover bean soup and fried bread. Since I had the oil going for the bread I made buffalo wings for myself! Ohhhh hot Hot HOT:censored:!!!

No cooking today. Yay ! BIL had us over for an early dinner. Curried butternut squash soup, Turkey salad with purple and green cabbage, green onions, tomotoes and maybe something else with a tarter than my own vinaigrette dressing. Delish!! I think they're still pushing veggies and dip from the holidays too, as the tray looked suspiciously familiar, and nothing wrong with that either. Crusty bread, cut up fruit and Really Really good double chocolate brownies. Ice tea. It was nice to visit in a more relaxed mode not centered around the hub-bub of a holiday.

Whole chickens were on sale at 67 cents a pound...I love when that happens !

I butterflied a whole chicken and basted both sides with a combination of soy sauce, oyster sauce, 5 spice powder, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, and chili oil. It's in the oven now at 450 degrees. We'll have Chinese fried rice, and a garden green salad.

Tenderloin tips with, mushrooms, broccoli rabe, and baked, mashed potoato things...

Attachments

• DSC00241.jpg
    DSC00241.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 134
I used my griddler, because I found some great looking rolls that seemed to have the right carb count for hubby. We'd been to an Italian restaurant last night and had a huge antipasto platter, leftovers taken home. Put them all together with some favorite cheese that needed to go (apple jack, for those in our area) and it was, if I do say so myself, delicious.

Rocklobster said:
Tenderloin tips with, mushrooms, broccoli rabe, and baked, mashed potoato things...

Dang, Rock! Had to get a closer look! Yummmmm!

Sandwiches that were a cross between panini and Cuban. We'd had a large antipasto platter at a restaurant the night before and used the various meats I brought home in a doggie bag, and some great artisinal local cheese.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom