Saturday, 12-22-2018, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Fusion egg rolls kopykatted from a DDD episode. Monte Cristo with Kalua pork egg rolls with wasabi, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, teriyaki, honey, mayo dipping sauce. Side is an Asian spinach salad with orange supremes and avocado slices.

Attachments

• 2018-12-22 17.43.51.jpg
    2018-12-22 17.43.51.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
The new pizza joint down the street is having their Grand Opening today, with 50-percent off the entire menu. Sounds good to me.

CD

We stopped at our favorite Cleveland Jewish deli, Corky and Lenny's, after shopping at West Side Market this afternoon. Sandwiches all around. Mine was a grilled Ruben. We split an order of Deli Donuts, AKA onion rings. Finished up with a chocolate phosphate. :yum:
IMG_20181222_184525079.jpgIMG_20181222_184424527.jpgIMG_20181222_190917607.jpg

Went to Mrs. T's niece's this afternoon for a family holiday gathering, and just had a light dinner after grazing. I pulled some Greek style meatballs out of the freezer, made some tzatziki, and finished off the green salad left over from the other night.

We went down to the Bowery to a fight shop (https://www.superareshop.com/) to get my boy new gloves and shin pads for Christmas, then did a little shopping in Little Italy/Chinatown before going to one of our favorite, restaurants, the Grotta Azzurra (Grotta Azzurra Restaurant - New York City).

Dinner was the usual gut busting good!

We started with the fried calamari, then my wife had linguini in red clam sauce, my boy had the meatballs and pork brasciole with spaghetti, and I had the pork brasciole with linguini.

Capuccino and espressos afterwards.

A really great day of shopping and dinner was only tainted by a parking ticket when we got back to my truck. I parked in a truck loading zone 10 minutes before the regulation expired for the night, and it became metered parking. I took a chance and got burnt for $115. The damn cop must have been hiding around the corner and waited until the street filled up with cars parking just a few minutes too early. Oh well. The city has to get their cut too, I guess.

Is S&B Golden curry tose weird little wax-like cubes that almost look like a European chocolate bar?

If so, I've made curries with them and they were pretty good, although I don;t remember hot.

Saturday's comfort night ;
Meat Loaf, Buttery mashed Yukons, Sweet Corn, buttered, w/ Sweet Peppers... Salad on Side ... Country French Dressing

IMG_6846.jpg

I had leftover stuffed grape leaves and tzatziki from the other night to finish up, so I made Greek-inspired meatballs and boiled potatoes with butter and dill to go with them. And a few marinated cucumbers.
1222182008b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom