Saturday 20 September, dinner??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
I know it's early, but we're headed to the apple orchard in a short while for our annual apple picking and orchard picnic! It's beeeeeyooooteeeeful today!

I was planning on making tbones for dinner, but those stitches in Lou's mouth are still an annoyance....so instead

Lasagna with bolognese sauce.
Garden tomatoes and fresh basil
garlic bread, as soft as I can make it. I think I might just wave the bread in front of the oven and call it a deal.

I've also got the season's first pumpkin pie in the oven right now!

Have a great day everyone!

No Verablue, it's not early here! Just the right time to start thinking of dinner...actually I usually think of what to make for dinner before mid-day!My daughter and I are the only ones at home and she requested Arrozo nero, so I will get busy and we will have a lovely mum/daughter afternoon and evening. We will prepare it together. DH and DS are up the mountains for the night with some other dad's and sons trekking and then spending the night in a chalet.

I don't know yet, but after two days of late lunches and no dinner, I know it will be something! I miss my din-din (sniff).

We had fajitas - using home made torillas - much nicer than store bought. I even had a tub of guacamole to myself - no one else will eat it (such a shame:pig:)

I've decided on Ol-Blue's foiled chicken and stuffing. I'd really like a beer-can chicken on the grill, but don't feel like driving that far to buy one and there's no way I would buy chicken at the store closest to me, so chicken breasts will have to do. They are thawing now. I'll sear them in a skillet first so I can make a decent gravy and have mashed potatoes, too.

I have chicken legs marinating in fresh oregano, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon and EVOO; we'll grill them later. I'm going to cube some potatoes, put them in a foil packet with some of the marinating liquid, and grill those along with the chicken. Green salad with fresh garden tomatoes and garlic bread will round it out :) Thanks for the idea, Vera - I love garlic bread.

Hope Lou feels better soon. I remember eating a lot of fish and spaghetti when I had a broken jaw that was wired up. And mashed potatoes with brown gravy - major comfort food for me :)

Marinated flank steak, burgers, potato salad, pasta salad and some lovely dessert my friend is making tonight for our bbq.

pretty sure, panko fried pork chop, fried okra, and white beans. wish i had a good ripe tomato. for last few years, i am disappointed with any tomatos that i have bought. gonna plant my own next year. tired of even trying to eat tasteless, yuck , tomatoes. even the one's so called ripe on the vine.

I am making a big pot of Navy Bean soup w/Ham and Spaghetti w/Meat balls. I am freezing the extra in serving size portions. That is the point in doing it on my day off.

DH is about to put a pork roast on the grill and I made Guy Fieri's Mac Daddy mac n cheese. Yummy. Oh, and steamed broccoli.
If MIL and FIL show up we'll have them bring dessert.
:)

Marinated some chicken breasts in a mix of beer, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, chopped serrano peppers, olive oil, worc. sauce, (maybe more stuff I can't remember), then made some wonderful rice (basmati my friend brought from the US, yum) with chopped celery,onion, carrots, little bit of peas, butter, cooked in chicken broth. Sweet ripe Valenica melon to go with. Some friends stopped by just as I was starting the chicken on the BBQ and joined us for dinner. It was really good!

All of those sound wonderful but my wonderful DH smoked a pork butt today so we're having Pulled Pork Sandwiches! :pig::pig::pig::pig: AND he even made the Carolina style sauce to go with it! I only had to make Cole slaw (my favorite - from the Brookville Inn in Kansas...to die for cole slaw!)

Dinner's gonna be on soon! Sheesh I'm drooling now!

Back
Top Bottom