Saturday Dinner - 1/27/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're going to our daughter's house for some Korean BBQ. I picked up some pork bellies, various kimchis, and ready made Korean dipping sauce among other related items the other day.

It's 50F, the patio is clear, so it's a grill night. Marinated steak tips, roasted sweet potatoes, green salad.

It was raining this morning, but it is sunny and 66F now. I think I'll light up the grill this evening, too.

CD

Beautiful day today - 65F and sunny. I didn't take anything out of the freezer to grill, and should have. :cool: Instead, I'm thinking this afternoon's dinner will be an omelet stuffed with sautéed asparagus, mushrooms, onions, and red bell pepper. Either fried potatoes for a side, or sliced apple - not sure yet.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

A bowl of beans and tortillas. I fixed a pot of pintos today for next week's lunches and DH wanted some for dinner. It has taken me years to figure out how to prepare them like "Mom's".

we've got aloha shoyu chicken, my version of cucumber kimchee, steamed baby bok choi and my version of kong namaul, mung bean sprout side dish.

IMG_3598.jpg

Very, very nice, K-girl.

Do you have a recipe for the kimchi?

And oh, baby, I love wilted baby bok choy like that.

Last edited:
I combined TB's two favourite things into one dish - chicken thighs and garlic. I didn't do it in the Instant Pot but now that I have made it once I can figure out how to make it so much better there (once I do, Ms M, you will have the recipe).

I served it with sweet potato oven wedges and salad.

It was a good dinner - and once again I forgot to take pictures!

We're going to our daughter's house for some Korean BBQ. I picked up some pork bellies, various kimchis, and ready made Korean dipping sauce among other related items the other day.

My son-in-law loved the Zozirushi griddle I used for tonight’s dinner that he ordered the exact same one on the spot from Amazon. :LOL:

Pork bellies, shiitake, onions, garlic, plus other items grilling.
IMG_0340.jpg

We finished off the pork-and-kraut leftovers, then worked on other fridge things. Himself had some pizza from last night, while I just had to have some of the fresh Florida strawberries I bought yesterday. I paired them with a bit of cottage cheese. Oh my gosh those berries were good! :yum:

Back
Top Bottom