Saturday Dinner 5 July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Look at the time and no one has started this thread yet?? Either everyone is still hung over or no one is cooking:ohmy:. I'm getting over the hung over part...tsk tsk. 151 Rum in the hot tub last night might not have been the best way to end the evening. Although, the blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream we had after that was...

Tonight I'm making chilled mango soup. I posted the recipe here last year.

Then grilling two T-bone steaks, baked potatoes, greek salad and sauteed green beans.

I made a tortoni cake with espresso sauce for dessert.

Pretty sure we're drinking a cabernet with dinner. Cocktails may be mojitos.

I finally got around to start dinner. Tonight is chili and corn bread, even though it's too warm out to eat, but I'll have it later since I let it cook for a couple hours. Your dinner sounds good Vera.

We've been sitting around the house all day, being very lazy. I've gotten my bath and hair in, the laundry done and put away, sheets changed, bathmats washed and floor washed then carpets returned, and of course, at this time of day, breakfast is wayaaayyayay over.

Dinner plans will be easy.
Macaroni salad with drained white tuna, orange supreme segments, red onions, deconstructed deviled eggs, bacon, celery, mayo, black Hawaiian sea salt from Hilo and pepper.
Baked beans using canned with my addition of bacon, green bell peppers, onions, molassas, pineapple, black olives [I know but don't complain until you've tasted].
Stuffed hamburger patties with bleu cheese/onion/garlic/rigot cheese, Mrs. Dash and pepper on the forman, it's too hot to go outside to properly grill. No buns for me, Moomies for the man.
Grilled asparagus with lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, Mrs. Dash and pepper.
Dessert will be vanilla and apple pie filling ice cream...

Hey VB... I guess I have Stienmates to blame for this, but after reading his thread on Indian food, I am going to attempt to make Butter Chicken tonight!!! I forgot the dang naan tho! Wonder how hard that is to make.... hmmm

I am exhausted after yesterday. Just having a lazy two nap day. I am going to grill a couple of rib eyes, hash browns and salad. Maybe my husband will take me for an ice cream if I don't crawl back into bed!

VB, you must have lots of energy!

We made a wine-butt chicken today. I'll use some of the meat to make wraps with chicken, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese and some sort of dressing. I'll also slice up the other two Anaheim chiles I picked from the garden yesterday, so maybe a dressing with mayo and southwestern seasonings - chili powder, cumin, a little cayenne. Mmm, sounds good ;)

Considering what a late start this thread got, everyone's dinner plans sound wonderful!

Naan should be easy enough to make, once you make the dough, that is;).

The official cocktail of the evening is watermelon mojitos!

Preheating the grill now for some ribeye steaks. Green and yellow beans from the garden and some corn on the cob.

Considering what a late start this thread got, everyone's dinner plans sound wonderful!

Naan should be easy enough to make, once you make the dough, that is;).

The official cocktail of the evening is watermelon mojitos!

Dough is rising as we speak!!! :chef:

Been cleaning all day long, we are having our BBQ tomorrow as we just had the church BBQ yesterday and don't want it twice in a row. Right now, not sure what I am doing for supper tonight, maybe take out of some kind.

I'm just getting in from the river. Beautiful day canoing. I am eating left over sirloin with a baked potato on the side and sandwich bun made into garlic bread.

boy, all the stuff you guys are having sounds great. mine is a boring ole marie callenders chicken pot pie and salad. fruit for dessert. have some fresh strawberries. maybe i should make the marshmallow whip and cream cheese dip.

babe;)

Ours turned out to be Chinese take out, but just for the record Babe I love Marie Calander's Chicken Pot Pies!

Angus filet mignon, baked potato, green salad. Homemade devil's food cake with dark chocolate ganache for dessert.

I want to go to merstar's for dinner.

I made what dh wanted: Slow Italian sausage from our fav italian market, cooked in layers with onions (I fried them in evoo first), good tomato sauce, garlic & tons of fresh herbs from the garden. Making those into sandwiches in an hour. It smells good, but I can't eat those foods. Not sure what I'll have. But, I also made cookies....heh heh

CRUD!!!!!! All was going well, naan turns out good, doing butter chicken and time to add chicken stock! I miss a detail and add 4 cups stock instead of 2!!! Guess it will need to reduce longer!!! ARRRRRGGGGHH!

I want to go to merstar's for dinner.

You're very welcome here, jkath! But I don't think you'd make it over here on time, even though we're having a midnight dinner - we're all the way on the East Coast!
By the way, what kind of cookies did you make?

Thanks jkath.... nah, I added it and mixed it all up and then a few minutes later started to question why it was so much and how in the heck it was going to turn into the 'gravy'. So I looked at the recipe again and that is when I realized it was 1/2 litre instead of a whole litre. If it would have been in cups!!!!

Anywho... I got the chicken out so it would not over-cook, I will add that back in at the last minute.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom