Saturday Supper..7/28/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm smoking the brined pork loin. The KFC copycat coleslaw is chilling, along with cucumber salad and the chili beans will be heated when the pork is done.

It's a beautiful afternoon to be on the patio with the grill, a good book, and good music by dead people. The wine will come into play soon.
:chef:

What's up at your casa?

DD wanted to order out. I had chicken parm on garlic bread.

I'm smoking the brined pork loin. The KFC copycat coleslaw is chilling, along with cucumber salad and the chili beans will be heated when the pork is done.

It's a beautiful afternoon to be on the patio with the grill, a good book, and good music by dead people. The wine will come into play soon.
:chef:

What's up at your casa?

Were they grateful? ;)

CD

A big treat. Batter fried walleye with tartar sauce. Batter fried zucchini sticks with buttermilk parmesan dressing.

I have no idea what to make for supper. I have spent the whole day doing nothing. I've been a total couch potato. Three months of hard work and travel made me do it. :LOL:

I'm hungry, but don't know what I am hungry for, and how much effort I am willing to put into it. I have some good fresh fruit in the fridge. I've been snacking on that all day.

I have a rack of organic baby-backs in the fridge, but I'm planning to cook that tomorrow. It may be a sandwich Saturday at the doghouse tonight. That, and more fresh fruit.

CD

We had a craving for tacos so I cooked up enough hb to freeze portions for later quick meals..

Stopped at the Mennonite bakery booth of the farmers market and bought a couple of small pies.. I chose a strawberry/rhubarb (Jeannie doesn't like rhubarb) and she chose peach.. We will both smile @ dessert time tonight.. ;)

Ross

Last edited:
I picked up a piece of skirt steak at Aldi the other day, since I was nearby volunteering for the master gardeners - I never see this cut anywhere else. So it's marinating in lime juice, canola oil, taco seasonings and a little soy sauce, per Kenji's recommendation. We'll be having fajitas tonight.

Shanghai lion's head meatballs made with ground pork and tofu, among other things, with baby bok.choy, Napa cabbage, chicken broth and bean thread noodles. Lots of garlic and ginger. Didn't take a photo because the dish ended up setting for a while as we were doing other things, and the bok choy wasn't pretty and green. A definite make again.

I picked up a piece of skirt steak at Aldi the other day, since I was nearby volunteering for the master gardeners - I never see this cut anywhere else. So it's marinating in lime juice, canola oil, taco seasonings and a little soy sauce, per Kenji's recommendation. We'll be having fajitas tonight.

Skirt steak, AKA Fajita, is pretty easy to find here in Texas. It definitely needs to be marinaded, and then cooked hot and fast. Sounds good!

CD

Wonderful sounding dinners here this Saturday afternoon!

I can't get into cooking, so I think I'll take a page out of Casey's book and just make a sandwich. Either tuna or egg salad, with dill pickles and olives for a side.

Seldom see skirt steak or see try-tip around here.

We couldn't decide what to have for dinner so ordered take-out Chinese.

Seldom see skirt steak or see try-tip around here.

We couldn't decide what to have for dinner so ordered take-out Chinese.

I seldom see tri-tip here. It's a regional thing. Skirt steak in Texas is like tri-tip in California. It is a common food item.

CD

Attachments

• 37960484_10155528680972401_5041317588525645824_n.jpg
    37960484_10155528680972401_5041317588525645824_n.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 38003648_10155528680407401_817208568485773312_n (2).jpg
    38003648_10155528680407401_817208568485773312_n (2).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 37963653_10155528680302401_2632020215994515456_n.jpg
    37963653_10155528680302401_2632020215994515456_n.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 126
.....Hasslebacks...

I have never cooked Hasselback potatoes. I don't own a black TransAm either... oh, thats Hasselhoff. :LOL:

I am intrigued by them. They look pretty darned good.

On the other hand, I've eaten a whole lot of ribeye steaks, and have the belly to prove it. :pig:

Nice looking meal, Rock.

CD

Well, I finally made some blue cheese dressing yesterday and naturally, I only had enough lettuce for one last salad.

So tonight, I'm frying up a plain old boneless skinless chicken breast and covering it with the blue cheese dressing topped with bacon bits. Bacon is in the oven now.

I love Chef John's recipe for blue cheese dressing, but I couldn't find a wedge of blue cheese this time and had to get the large crumbles instead. I don't like the large crumbles because it's too much blue cheese in one spot and not enough in the another spot when I eat the dressing, so I opted to melt about 5 oz of them in a pan and combine that with the rest of the ingredients. It turned out pretty good.

Everything sounds great all!

There've been massive thunderstorms all afternoon, now going into the evening.
I saw that this was coming on our weather forecast, so ...

Noodle bowl deluxe for us...comforting

007.jpg

008.jpg

empty noodle bowls.jpg

S&S Saimin that I brought back from Hawaii,
wonton, char siu, bok choy, green onions and nori shreds

... our version of Chicken Noodle Soup
:yum:

Back
Top Bottom