Saturday, the 'twenty-tooth', dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
the kids'll be comin over today for an early dinner. I'm thinkin pulled roast pork for sandwiches. I'll put the pork loin in the crock in a few minutes to get it goin with all the seasonings. when it's done, I'll let it rest and then add the vinegar, sugar, garlic, s&p, catsup and dijon. DD has a great store close by that has killer breads so great buns are in store for the meal. watched Giada this morning and she did a wonderful looking potato and onion in o/o and s&p then roasted. crispy outside, tender inside for along side the sandwiches. green salad with red sliced thin onions and blue cheese chunks with walnuts and hard grated eggs and cut up tiny tomatoes. Made a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting last night and didn't eat so tonight that'll be dessert:flowers: :wub: :dizzy:

anybody else eatin?

I already had dinner ;o)
It was fish with broccoli-cream-sauce topped with cheese (came frome the freezer of my supermarket :mrgreen: ) and with it rice...
Frank is not home this weekend, so I was able to have fish.. he doesn't like fish...
but tomorrow he will be home again... :)

i'm roasting a duckling & cooking a batch of PA's butternut squash dumplings.

I have a london broil marinading in zesty italian dressing, and will grill that, slice it thin and place that on garlic buttered rolls. No sides, except beer and wine for us (thats a side dish right?):LOL:

amber said:
I have a london broil marinading in zesty italian dressing, and will grill that, slice it thin and place that on garlic buttered rolls. No sides, except beer and wine for us (thats a side dish right?):LOL:

It could be a main course, as far I'm concerned!!

We're having frozen pot pies:ohmy: I don't feel like cooking today!!

texasgirl said:
It could be a main course, as far I'm concerned!!

We're having frozen pot pies:ohmy: I don't feel like cooking today!!

Nothing wrong with a frozen pot pie:chef: Dont feel like cooking much either, thats why Im just doing a london broil on rolls..easy and good enough :LOL:

Beef enchiladas (using the leftover roast from earlier this week), frioles, Mexican rice and a salad.

Making tilapia floured and fried, then a piccata sauce over it, large steamed artichokes, baked potato with the works..Have been making a pasta sauce for tomorrow and that took up the time I'd have used for dessert soooo.Dessert will have to wait til tomorrow, then they will get some cannoli's:LOL:
kadesma

mr. callie is making chicken fried steak, I'm making a big salad (ranch dressing on the side) and Quizzie's pb cookies for dessert.

I had a bunch of veggies I needed to use so I sauteed them with some garlic, s&p and tossed them with leftover grilled chicken and pasta. It was very good but now I have leftovers of leftovers! That tends to be my problem.:rolleyes:

Luvs, I hope the dumplings turned out and that you enjoyed them. Depending on the squash they can have a lot of moisture to work out. They'd make a nice side for duck!

thanks, PA. i went & got escargot in puff pastry instead & my duckling & dumplings are for tomorrow. i'm too tired to cook anything tonite. i'll let you know if they're delicious as they sound. have a great night. i'm headed out for some dessert now.

Well, I'm doing a big-time happy dance over dinner tonight. Made a meal the likes of which I haven't had in YEARS.

Had recently bought a big frozen block of squid/calamari, & finally decided tonight to thaw it out & make a calamari pasta sauce. I was beside myself with delight, after thawing, to find that these were BABY calamari - no more than 3" long x 2" wide uncooked. I haven't had "squidlets" this size since my NY restaurant-dining days. Was thrilled.

Cooked them up in a lovely homemade sauce of extra-virgin olive oil, anchovies, garlic, onions, Italian canned tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, Italian flat parsley, Italian seasoning, & crushed red pepper flakes. Served them over spaghetti.

They were meltingly tender - just perfect. And I have enough left over for a lunch or two. Heaven.

SierraCook said:
Today, my brother and I went shopping together. Normally, we would grab take out on the way home, but I was good and cooked my dinner at home. :angel: I had BBQ chicken, sauteed squash and onions, and a tossed green salad.
Way to go SC,
your dinner sounds yummy.and ya get points for being a good girl:LOL:
kadesma:)

The kitchen looks like a tornado blew past but dinner was good. I made a whole wheat pizza crust. I topped it with pesto that I made yesterday, toasted pine nuts, mozz, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, & shredded rotisserie chicken that I browned in a skillet first with some garlic salt and pepper.

Hash Brown Casserole, but I used tater tots instead because the grocery store was out of hash browns.

Hash Brown Casserole
1 packet (32oz.) frozen hash browns or tater tots, thawed
1/2 cup butter melted
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 (8oz.) carton sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
2 cups crushed corn flakes

add in ideas: ground beef or shredded chicken, cooked

Combine potatoes, onion, soup, sour cream, meat and cheese and stir.

Put into casserole dish. Combine cornflakes and margarine. Sprinkle on top.

Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom