So, what's good with pickles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely BB King! It was at his restaurant in Memphis that I first had deep-fried dill pickle slices, and have since found them at other restaurants under the name "Lucilles". I will say that we were surprised at how good they were. One caveat: You must eat them hot, right out of the fryer.

I agree! These are the best! :)

Brianschef said:
I like to make what we refer to in my family as "Polish Roses". You take a nice thin slice of a good ham, spread it with a thin layer of cream cheese. Then you lay the pickle at one end and roll like an egg roll. You let them rest covered in the fridge for about 15 - 30 minutes for the cheese to firm up, then remove them to a cutting board and slice away!

We slice them a little thick, about 1/2" and serve with a nice chilled martini. Absolutely divine!!

I also wrap a slice of very thinly pounded beef (I usually buy eye of the round roast, freeze for a few hours, cut very thin, then pound) around a pickle, then sautee. Make a gravy from the pan drippings thickened with ginger snap cookie crumbs. Yummm. Almost a trip to Germany.

Back
Top Bottom