Sun Jan 8 - What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay--the rye bread is done. Am I the only one who likes to melt chocolate and smear that on warm rye bread? No recipe--sorry. I used about 1 c buttermilk, 1 egg, a mix of flour (wild rice, rye, chick pea, white), oil, blackstrap molasses, rye flakes....yeast. It turned out as expected. I baked it until the internal temp was around 98C. I don't think the girls will get any of this...

that my dear is a work of art. i am:yum:

Chili cheese dog all the way (whole-wheat bun, bead of Tabasco brand hot & spicy mustard, Chili (with beans cause that’s the way we roll LOL), shredded cheddar and chopped raw yellow onion.

For anyone who has eaten at New Jersey’s Rascals or Hot Grill, “One chili cheese dog all the way, one!” LOL

img_1093370_0_2a9abbb90336ac413d089cd46ee2284e.jpg

Oh, nice dog, MM!

Papa Murphy's Take and Bake pepperoni, mushies and onions!

Tonight I'll be revisiting my Seattle pigskin challenge with copious amounts of broccoli on the side.

I finally took some spring roll wrappers a Vietnamese friend gave me quite awhile ago (they've been in the freezer), some ground turkey and rice noodles and various other stuff, and made our version of spring rolls. It was a joint effort, and while I'm sure my Vietnamese friend wouldn't approve, they actually turned out pretty good. Especially considering that it took a couple of tries before I remembered how she cut & rolled, I had no fish sauce, and used bottled dipping sauces (obviously with no nuc mam I couldn't make the correct dipping sauce) -- well, I was surprised at how well they turned out!

Big night for stir frying. Chicken with black bean sauce, lemon chicken and baby bok choi with oyster sauce.

Okay--did the ham and made the chocolate cups for the peppermint ice cream. Okay, the pic for the dessert is lousy. I've eaten it, and don't want to fill another one of the cups just for photos...I'd have to eat it!

Attachments

• ham_ 001.jpg
    ham_ 001.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 193
  • choc_cups_001.jpg
    choc_cups_001.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 177
I've got pulled pork for tonight. I just put rolls in the oven. We will be having pulled pork sliders tonight. I also made mix for making ice cream with the kitchen aid tonight. Yum!

Here are the honey orange ribs from the Jan '12 Bon Appetit. Note that I didn't break them down into individual ribs, per recipe, as I find individuals will tend to dry out. Better to cook them in groups. Roasted some potatoes tossed with a combo of canola and toasted sesame oil. Seasoned with s/p and black sesame seeds. Salad of avocado and grape tomatoes tossed with rice vinegar vinagrette and some of the water kimchi.

34427-albums827-picture4422.jpg

I have a good old fashioned meat loaf in the oven, and with the usual ingredients I added some hot Italian sausage to the mix. I love the old school squirted design of ketchup on the top. ;) It sure smells good........
I'll serve it with the required steamed peas and mashed taters.

Ahhhhhhhh true comfort food. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom