Sunday 29th June, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
It feels like old times, me being the earliest to post this! :rolleyes:

OK, well, DH is in Sweden and my father is away too, so it was just my mother and I. I stuffed squid with cheese, breadcrumps, parsely, capers, garlic, olive and white wine, inspired by a recipe from an Italian cookery magazine.

What's everyone else eating today?:chef:

King Salmon...probably grilled with a spicy peanut sauce which I can drizzle over grilled veg as well.

marinated tri tip,some chicken legs with bbq sauce, yukon golds that I quartered then when cooked added evoo,red wine vinegar, thinly sliced red onion, fresh chopped parsley, salt and pepper when we eat some hard cooked egg that's been given a rough chop over the top, a platter of sliced tomatoes from our garden also some lemon cucumbers sliced, avocado slices and just dressed with a little evoo and vinegar, platter of the melon with mint syrup and of course watermelon, rolls if anyone wants to make a sammie and au jus cuz I know they all love to dunk..Dessert frosted brownies and vanilla ice cream.
Daughter just called and is bringing deviled eggs...Happy Sunday everyone

kadesma:)

I've got some tenderized venison simmering away in a nice brown gravy with lots of onions etc....A pot of rice will be started in a few...Hmmmm.. maybe a pan of biscuits too! Some vegetable scraps out of the refrigerator....This will be Sunday dinner...Supper tonight will be very simple and light...if anything.

We're going to have mustard & pepper crusted grilled sirloin, basmati glazed carrots and asparagus, and I haven't decided - corn on the cob or baked potatoes.

Holy Yardwork batman!!!!
New lawnmower caused us to find new things to do... lots of tree branches hanging too low. This week cut, 4th of July...... BONFIRE!!!
Just BLTs tonight.

Nothing for me again. I'm on day two of...well...keeping food in me. This is really weird for me since I am NOT a 'puker'....in the past 40 hours or so I've had a piece and a half of toast, some chicken noodle soup, some broth and now I'm trying Propelle.

Yep, Suzi... gotta get those branches cleared so you can zip around the yard without ducking :cool:
Quick and one pot ;)

My maiden voyage using the outdoor gas grill. Buck always took care of cooking outside. My brother, Kevin, showed me how to turn it on, etc. on Friday.

I made grilled chicken leg/thigh quarters stuffed under the skin with fresh rosemary and slivers of garlic. Coated them with olive oil and a touch of salt. Turned out really well. Baked potato with butter and bacon bits for my side. More than enough for me since my appetite is pretty much nil.

we went out for a late lunch today at a favourite old restaurant across from a park where i used to get crucified every spring. (long story)

it was as good as it's ever been. i started with gazpacho, then had the chatanooga chicken. i have no idea why they call it that, because it's grilled chicken topped with canadian bacon, mozarella cheese, and bbq sauce, all toasted on a hero roll. where's the tennessee? but it's delish. served with the best steak fries in the world.
dw had the plain (boring) grilled chicken with sweet potato fries, and my boy had an american cheese stuffed burger, with fries.

i'm hungry again, so i'm headin' out for souvlaki.

DH and DS (actually DD's hubby) decided to cook because us wives were not fairing well with pain and heat. DH did the chicken. He took boneless/skinless breasts and thighs out of the freezer and decided to thaw them by boiling them first (his Mom would prep boned chicken and ribs for the BBQ by boiling them). I am really glad I missed this step because I would have freaked! Then he just seared them on the grill and slathered on the BBQ sauce (not my homemade, but some stuff in a bottle I don't know where it came from).

Meanwhile DS made the Caesar salad. At DH's coaching, he just chopped the head of romaine into pieces (actually just slices) and put it through the salad spinner...no removing of outside leaves or chopping large pieces smaller. Then he dumped about a cup of parmesan cheese and most of a small bottle of dressing on and stirred with a wooden spoon.

DD and I just sat back and watched and tried to keep our giggles and eye rolling to a discreet minimum.

Do you know it was a wonderful meal just because they made it and did their best?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom