"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 04-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
Executive Chef
Sunday dinner 27 April

My son, who's been officially employed as an adult in the real world for just over three months got a promotion and a 30% raise. I asked him what he'd like for dinner.

For my beautiful son we're having lasagna made the way he likes it. (first I have to make meatballs, smash them and then add them to the layers, and the sauce can have no chunks of tomato). I'm also making a garden salad with oil and red wine vinegar, and garlic bread with bread from Clemente's bakery.

For dessert, I made golden cake layers and a chocolate fudge frosting.

How can we sleep while our beds are burning???
VeraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
Executive Chef
My mum had made some (beef) mince with carrots and potato in that she was going to dump cos she didn't like the flavour of but instead brought up to me today to give to the cats. There was nothing wrong with it except she didn't like the flavour, so I add a good couple of tablespoons of a tomato relish (which tasted more like taco sauce cos of the heavy amount of capsicums used), a splash of tomato paste, a good dash of Worcestershire sauce, mixed it all up and topped it with grated cheese. After a quick zap in the microwave, I topped it with the dregs of the sour cream tub and tucked in. It was yummy!!!! Dessert was a mandarin.

Too many restaurants, not enough time...
Bilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
We're going kayaking today, so we'll go out to dinner somewhere around Richmond.
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #4
Executive Chef
roasted lamb shoulder, roasted CARROTS, baked potatoes and a small spinach salad..
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
it's been beautiful here, in fact 89-91 in the afternoon, so we are grilling hamburgers, to go with a platter of tomatoes,lettuce, onion rings,pickle slices and either cheddar or swiss cheese, hot dogs and chili,onions, cheese, some chips oh and to start an anti pasto platter, chips with the burgers,and hot dogs ..A big platter of fruit,and a nice green salad and corn on the cob..Dessert is already in the freezer, couldn't sleep sooo I got busy..and made sundae's So that is Ma's dinner for this Sunday. Have a wonderful Sunday.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
My Red-Headed Pharmacist daughter will be here for Sunday Dinner(noon)
When she is home she always just likes basic comfort foods as she doesn't do a lot of cooking through the week. So......

Southern Fried (Blues) Chicken
The old stand by Green bean casserole
Smashed Tators (Gravy for those that want it)
Yellow sqaush cooked down with onions etc.
Cheese Biscuits
Pecan or Chocolate Ice Box Pie!!

Then.,.,.,.,.,.,. Zzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzzz
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #7
Senior Cook
Well, I'd rather eat at Uncle Bob's house because his menu sounds way over the top delicious, but since I'm in Minnesota and it's cold and drizzly here, I'm cooking. Here's the menu: stand-up comedian chicken, wild rice with broccoli and sliced mango for dessert. Then I think I'll catch a few zzzz's for myself. How about that? Oh, I suppose I could make a banana coconut cream pie, but my BF is doing the Ironman today and why make a pie just for myself? That would be just too hedonistic. Well, and it's Sunday after all. It's the one day of the week that I sorta feel like I have to behave.
Nancy Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #8
Senior Cook
Pouring rain in Ireland so have roast stuffed porksteak with roast potatoes and turnip, with home made bread and butter pudding for dessert. Yum Yum
Douzer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Going to grill some wings, baked beans, roasted asparagus and hash browns. Just finished baking for my son, "Paula Deen's chocolate gooey butter cookies".
Grandma's Boys - Isaiah (11) Cameron (3 )
Barb L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #10
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by Douzer77 View Post
Pouring rain in Ireland
but does it matter, you're in Ireland after all.it's sunny and gorgeous here but I'd rather be there do me a favor, go up to Galway and say hi to my DH's family.

it'll probably be the good old standard Caesar Salad with iced sweet tea.
gad I'm boring.
picked up a new idea for dinner yesterday that I'll try when I get to a market and buy a clucker. Blackened chicken strips in Cajun cream over linguinie noodles.

BTW, anyone know what annatto seed is? I bought a jar of it yesterday because I think it's a really hot pepper seed? Anyone know?

...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote