Sunday Dinner - Mar 23/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a leftover chicken thigh from yesterday's grill fest with my daughter, and an artichoke. :)

Threw a couple of chicken legs with backs attached in a ziplock bag with about 3 T of my friend's homemade curry powder. Tossed those in a roasting pan with a cup of coconut milk and some "fruit" that never made it into a fruitcake (marinated in brandy, etc.). Cooked those for about 45 minutes at 375, tossed on some coconut turned it up to broil for a bit. Meantime I had a pot of brown basmati rice on the go--added some of the fruit to that, served the chicken on top of the rice with some of the juice from the pan and added a side of broccoli. That fruit really ramped up the rice--I made enough for leftovers. Thinking a rice with dried fruit salad will work perfectly Tuesday when I have to go on site to work and don't know if there is a fridge/microwave or just a cafeteria where one can get "junk" food.

Last edited:
All of this sounds so good!

DA was feeling a bit weak so we had a simple supper of baked sausage balls, scrambled eggs, and milk.

With love,
~Cat

All of this sounds so good!

DA was feeling a bit weak so we had a simple supper of baked sausage balls, scrambled eggs, and milk.

With love,
~Cat

Oh I am sorry. A detail, yes? If you add sharp cheddar and the sausage balls and have nice garlic buttered bread, it is wonderful!

With love,
~Cat

The usual Sunday roast. Roast beef with herb, mustard and flour coating, roast potatoes, homemade Yorkshire puddings and multifarious veg. Plus a red wine & beef stock gravy. Stuffed. :pig:

Back
Top Bottom