Sunday's dinner - 9-16-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
What was/is on your plate? :chef:

I've had a busy day today and it'll be a busy day tomorrow, so I wanted something easy that wouldn't mess up the clean kitchen. :D I called Pizza Factory and had them deliver a taco salad early this afternoon. :yum:

As mentioned on steak thread
Chicken croquettes entree
Fillet Mignon with 2 sauces potato dauphinois and veges.
Chocolate mousse.

Very yummy.

Russ

We were at a wedding for the last two days, and our diet was less than healthy. Mrs. T requested something better for us, so tonight's dinner was split chicken breasts on the charcoal Weber, a hearty salad, and some potato salad.

Today as very hectic. I didn't have a minute to do anything all day. First there was breakfast. Then the Red Sox game at 1:00. Then came the Patriots game.

As a result, dinner was a quickie. Kielbasa, mashed potatoes and a veggie.

Mixed bag on football this weekend. Yesterday TCU blew a game they should have won, but my Alma Mater, UNT Mean Green beat Arkansas, and are 3-0. Then today, my Steelers lost. I'm sure Le"Veon Bell is happy -- selfish #*&@!

Sooooo, not in a festive mood. I'm just grazing tonight. Mostly putting leftover stuff on tortillas.

CD

Personal pizza - Mama Mary thin & crispy 7" pizza crust, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, garlic, ground red pepper flakes, house all purpose spice blend, olive oil, mushrooms, onion, red peppers, pepperoni, grated pam & romano cheeses and mozzarella.

pizza_091618_IMG_4868.jpg

We had chicken vegetable soup using chicken thighs that needed to come out of the freezer, canned tomatoes, canned corn, canned sweet peas, rotini noodles, and a box of chicken broth. Mom said it was good.

Ooo, Rock, a wine chaser sounds good. :yum: I've never done that - but I now have yet another excuse to have wine.

I had a large bunch of collard greens getting in the way since the last time I shopped on Friday. They jumped into the pot with a lot of their friends - bacon, onions, ham, lots of broth, and cannellini beans - and became our dinner. Sourdough bread for sopping all the juices, but just one slice. After all, I also made another small peach crisp to use up the leftover crisp topping from last week.

Back
Top Bottom