Sunday's feast (2014-09-21)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
What? No one cooked tonight?

I had some cooked farro leftover from Friday, a couple of peppers (yellow and orange) leftover as well. So I blanched the peppers, mixed the farro with some panfried eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, fennel, onion, garlic, halloumi cheese, stuffed the peppers, topped with the leftover romesco sauce. Yummy! And, I have one leftover for meatless Monday.

We had Ling-Ling Potstickers and stir-fried veggies.

Gah! Tomorrow is Monday already?

wasn't ling ling that panda that couldn't get it goin' with the girl pandas?

you stole his potstickers?

:LOL: bucky

We went to a wonderful play this evening and parked at the mall nearby, so we had appetizers at Max & Erma's. I had the chicken and tortilla soup and DH had the guacamole with chips. I made him some nachos at home after the play. I'm not hungry.

no no, it's too late now. the whole mood is ruined.

no wonder he gets performance anxiety.

I butterflied a pork sirloin tip roast and seasoned it well. It's shaped like a ball before it's butterflied. Grilled and rested, it was just barely beyond pink. Dang, it was good, sliced very thinly, with salsa on the side.

We also had bacon, onion green beans with chicken broth cooked on the side burner and baked potatoes.

No "feast" to speak of. DW and I made up big plates of salad with anything that wasn't nailed down in the fridge. Or rather, anything that was salad-worthy and not nailed down.

I had a slab of pork side belly marinating for a bit of a chinese type supper but was laying on the couch all day. GF figured I wasn't up to doing much so she offered to take me and her son out to a Chinese buffet for his birthday. I agreed. Tonight I will make the pork belly. It has been marinating in rice wine, 5 spice powder and white pepper. Not sure what to do for sides seeing that we had Chinese last night.

Rock, I have the first SteamyKitchen cookbook. I love her recipe for asparagus (I sometimes use green beans) in oyster sauce. Simmer ginger coins and whole peeled garlic in a small amount of oil for 5 minutes. Add veg, cook a few minutes, add oyster sauce, then simmer till done.

Back
Top Bottom