Sunday's Selection 2/2/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
On my 5th attempt I think I have finally mastered a basic white loaf of bread! So I had lovely still-warm bread to soak up the juices from a Greek-inspired stew of lamb, new potatoes, lemon and garlic with feta and parsley:

Hm, failed to upload pics on the previous post. Hope this one works....

Attachments

• Lamb, Lemon & Garlic Stew.jpg
    Lamb, Lemon & Garlic Stew.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 200
  • Kenwood Bread.JPG
    Kenwood Bread.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 237
Good looking bread Katy! Now to achieve that result each time. For me, I've found that both bread and pastry crust are very dependent on the weather.

I have to use the shrimp I refrigerator-defrosted on Friday, so it looks like it will be stir-fry shrimp and broccoli. Need to defrost and cook up a chicken breast for the glass noodle soup. I could make it vegetarian, but a little chicken makes it just that much better.

Good looking bread Katy! Now to achieve that result each time. For me, I've found that both bread and pastry crust are very dependent on the weather.

I have to use the shrimp I refrigerator-defrosted on Friday, so it looks like it will be stir-fry shrimp and broccoli. Need to defrost and cook up a chicken breast for the glass noodle soup. I could make it vegetarian, but a little chicken makes it just that much better.

Interesting point CG! Since I started my experiment in December it has rained solidly (Britain is basically drowning at the moment). So the humidity has been pretty high. If we ever get a dry spell my bread may take a downturn! :LOL:

Shrimp stir fry - sounds yum! :yum:

Congrats Katy! You're a better woman than I. In all my many many years of cooking, most would find it hard to believe I never once have attempted to make a loaf of bread. I may have taken my "fear of failure" a little too far?:ermm::LOL:
That lamb stew is really talking my language though!

We're having oven barbeque pork ribs tonight with my special to die for Cole Slaw and garlic toast.

Congrats Katy! You're a better woman than I. In all my many many years of cooking, most would find it hard to believe I never once have attempted to make a loaf of bread. I may have taken my "fear of failure" a little too far?:ermm::LOL:
That lamb stew is really talking my language though!

We're having oven barbeque pork ribs tonight with my special to die for Cole Slaw and garlic toast.

I know exactly what you mean Kayelle - bread is a daunting prospect and I have had many failures. But I think I am getting there. I may even branch out into something other than a small white loaf at some point! :rolleyes:

Your dinner sounds delightful! (So it's warm enough for a BBQ where you are?)

We are having spicy Buffalo chicken wings with raw celery, broccoli and carrots and the required blue cheese dip. Easy peasy food for a snowy Sunday.

I know exactly what you mean Kayelle - bread is a daunting prospect and I have had many failures. But I think I am getting there. I may even branch out into something other than a small white loaf at some point! :rolleyes:

Your dinner sounds delightful! (So it's warm enough for a BBQ where you
are?)

It is indeed Katy. It's 70 F here although we are praying for some desperately needed rain. Seems the world either has too much or too little.

Katy, your stew and bread look fabulous!

I am hoping for Takeout Chinese. If not, then TB will probably be cooking. I am on bed-rest (well, actually my special recliner is better than the bed) to get rid of this bug before my appointment tomorrow and surgery Tuesday.

It is indeed Katy. It's 70 F here although we are praying for some desperately needed rain. Seems the world either has too much or too little.

Oh that's right! I saw some pictures of dried out reservoirs in CA in my newspaper. Pity we can't ship some of our excess floodwater to you!

Katy, your stew and bread look fabulous!

I am hoping for Takeout Chinese. If not, then TB will probably be cooking. I am on bed-rest (well, actually my special recliner is better than the bed) to get rid of this bug before my appointment tomorrow and surgery Tuesday.

Thanks LPB. Hope you get the Chinese food and also that your surgery goes well. :flowers:

Dinner will be a salmon filet baked with dill and lemon. Arugula. Grape tomato's.

Katy, great looking bread and stew. Congrats.

We are sitting watching the Not So Super Bowl and eating wings, and barbeque and drinking beer.

Nice sounding stew, Katy. Thanks for the pics.
I had a pork tenderloin that I turned into a scallopini/piccata kind of thing and served over linguine.

Back
Top Bottom