Sunday's Spread, 1/12/20 ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
I cut a Huge Strip Steak in half -

Grilled N.Y. Strip, Shiitake's, Sautee'd in Butter and Wine, Steamed Broccoli, Leftie Rice, Side Salad with Mushrooms...

Salad, Tomato & Shitaki.jpg

N.Y. Strip,Shiitaki's In Butter & Wine.jpg

For SO's last pre-surgery meal she requested turkey soup. So I got my shotgun and went for a short walk...

...no, wait! That's a different conversation.

I took a turkey breast out of the freezer and roasted that. I will make a soup to her specifications with veggies, pasta and homemade stock. Crusty French dinner rolls and butter will compete the meal.

Roasted chicken the Cook's Country high heat for a little over half of cooking time, then turn off the oven and let it finish cooking. Came out good, moist meat, Craig's breast piece was perfect. Pan sauce with roasted lemon juice, thyme and shallot. Tricolor potatoes steamed, then cooked in oven woth some of the chicken drippings. Brussel sprouts steamed, then finished with pecorino romano and lemon zest.

Attachments

• 2020-01-12 18.02.09.jpg
    2020-01-12 18.02.09.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 118
For SO's last pre-surgery meal she requested turkey soup. So I got my shotgun and went for a short walk...

...no, wait! That's a different conversation.

I took a turkey breast out of the freezer and roasted that. I will make a soup to her specifications with veggies, pasta and homemade stock. Crusty French dinner rolls and butter will compete the meal.

Andy, I myself am making soup today but a chicken style. Not done yet, the dough for the egg noodles is resting now In the refrigerator and chicken is cooling to debone as I type. Going to pull some tasty homemade stock and save some chicken for a pot pie next weekend or so. Will post a couple pictures when finished. Can’t wait and it’s the time of year for soup :)

I boned out a whole turkey breast yesterday. Roasted the bones and bits then simmered for stock. I have 1 1/2 quarts of stock for the freezer.

Today I roasted the 2 skin on breast halves.

turkey_breast_011220_IMG_6591.jpg

Dinner roasted turkey breast, stuffing, mashed yukons, steamed & buttered carrot coins and pan gravy.

turkey_dinner_011220_IMG_6597.jpg

We started with salads. Followed that up with baked ham, steamed broccoli, and Grands biscuits. Pulled a piece of brownie from the freezer for dessert.

Andy, good luck to your SO with her surgery.

I just made that fried rice tonight (actually made with a mix of half brown jasmine, and half millet), to experiment with that dagad phool. Plus, some quick cucumber pickle sticks, on the side, and some fruit, after.
Fried rice started by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Fried rice, before adding the mushrooms. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Mushrooms added to the fried rice. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Fried rice, before dividing for the tarka. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished fried rice. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
Dinner is done.
My take on chicken noodle soup tonight. A little different than usual I’m still recovering from a broken ankle in 2 places. You kinda cook what you have if you can’t get out.

I serve it on a plate, it cools faster. I passed hungry over a hour ago :LOL:

Attachments

• FC6EDFEF-C486-477D-A724-F53AA235DE57.jpg
    FC6EDFEF-C486-477D-A724-F53AA235DE57.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 447189D4-6E42-4506-9757-8118E9F08E33.jpg
    447189D4-6E42-4506-9757-8118E9F08E33.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 08F9A351-07BB-4563-B6EF-56A977EDD1AD.jpg
    08F9A351-07BB-4563-B6EF-56A977EDD1AD.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 87
Mom was wanting soup, so I made some homemade vegetable beef soup. Have enough leftovers for a few nights, plus some for the freezer. Andy, hope your SO has a safe and successful surgery.

Baked cod filet spread with a mixture of mayo, homemade Dijon-style grainy mustard, preserved lemon and lemon juice, along with some Mural of Flavor, topped with bread crumbs mixed with melted butter, fresh chopped parsley, lemon juice and S&P. Served with rrechiette pasta with a quick cheese sauce seasoned with Fox Point and fresh parsley, and salad. 2020-01-14-17-54-49.jpg

Back
Top Bottom