Supper tonight. Wed. 12/11/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baked breaded cod with tartar sauce. A green salad to go with it.

No pic as I am trying to figure out why pics from my new laptop come out upside down in here. :(

Banana cream pie for dessert..

Ross

I'm about to throw a pot of calico beans in the oven. When they are done and the pot rests a little bit, in will go a pan of jalapeno corn bread. Tossed green salad.

Last edited:
:ohmy:Whoops! Guess I better clarify...the beans are green, not the bacon. :LOL:
I was inspired early today by Bama Rick's green bacon/beans/potatoes recipe near the end of this thread. I think I'll add some onion, and maybe some dill

Last edited:
Air Fryer Salmon Fillet, Teriyaki Drizzle, Red Beans & Rice, Chopped Collards w/ Garlic & Butter...

Salmon, Air-Fryer.jpg

Easy American goulash made with store bought, garlicy pasta sauce, ground beef, added thyme, oregano, and basil. Added the browned ground beef to the sauce with 2 cups water. Put in 1 cup elbow macaroni, and brought it to a simmer until the pasta was jusr right. It had absorbed the sauce flavors, and toned down the strong garlic. Of course, even though she wasn't eating it, DW was busy telling me that I was doing it wrong., and had no common sense. My goulash came out perfect. The only things hat could have imprved it are rough-chopped onion, and cheap parmesan cheese fron the green canister.

I'm getting tire of DW telling me that my cooking is all wrong. This is the woman who burned our last 2 suppers.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Kinda snowy here the first half of the day, so I did a lot of cooking ( and therefore a lot of tasting) so by the time dinner came along, I wasn't hungry. But, this is what I cooked and tasted all day.
- Vegetable soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Homemade Country white bread
- Home made Rye Bread
- Stuffed Grape leaves.

Attachments

• PC110024.jpg
    PC110024.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 124
Photo below:

This was simply a grilled tenderloin filet finished with cognac cream sauce and green peppercorns, accompanied by potatoes au gratin - oven roasted with cream, onions, parsley, pecorino & cheddar cheese, and herbes de provence.

Attachments

• IMG_9131 Filet with cognac cream sauce.jpg
    IMG_9131 Filet with cognac cream sauce.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
We finished off the tom yum soup. It was still delicious. I did get hungry later, so I fried a slice of bacon, sautéed some rainbow chard with that and fried an egg. It was really quite tasty. Even though DH doesn't have much appetite, he thought it smelled interesting.

Back
Top Bottom