"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-22-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
Master Chef

Thursday, march 22 dinner?

what's yours?

Old 03-22-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
it doesn`t really have a Name exactly, but it`s Turkey breast steaks, marinading in lemon grass, ginger, garlic, coriander, soy sauce, lime juice, and chili sauce, and Toasted Sesame oil.
that will go on the griddle pan.

I`ve not decided what to do with it yet though?
maybe tortila wraps, or inside Pita bread, or even with Rice...

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
Executive Chef

well, i'm supposed to be getting ready for the 2nd annual Davis brothers and sons family reunion and shooting match, so as soon as i quit playing with this vintage photo question, I will finish the bread I started this morning, then make one of those greek semolina pudding lemon cake things, and put together a potato and cheese casserole and a carrot salad. Will bake off the ham tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #4
Assistant Cook

DH's brother is in town, so entire family is coming over for dinner. For appetizers I am making 2 kinds of hummus, homemade pita bread, & spanokopita "bites". For the main I am making falafels, 2 kinds of greek yogurt sauce (one is a traditional cucumber yogurt sauce), & a greek salad. Finally for dessert I am making Baklava (First time making this- hope it turns out!) and greek coffee.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
Executive Chef

We're having reubens with the leftover corned beef from last night. Boy, that was a great piece of meat!

I'll probably save the last 3rd for hash this weekend.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:15 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked
We're having reubens with the leftover corned beef from last night. Boy, that was a great piece of meat!

I'll probably save the last 3rd for hash this weekend.
agree with you about the piece of meat. ours was wonderful too.
we just love the stuff.
have you or has anyone, ever actually made corn beef hash? I have exactly once, it was the best thing next to black licorice that I'd ever had. no really, very easy and fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecd
DH's brother is in town, so entire family is coming over for dinner. For appetizers I am making 2 kinds of hummus, homemade pita bread, & spanokopita "bites". For the main I am making falafels, 2 kinds of greek yogurt sauce (one is a traditional cucumber yogurt sauce), & a greek salad. Finally for dessert I am making Baklava (First time making this- hope it turns out!) and greek coffee.
um, where do you live? I have a great pair of helpful hands in the kitchen and I've made baklava...... your dinner sounds wonderful, and heck what's one more person at the table?

our dinner tonight will be rather simple. I bought some nice salmon fillets last night and I'd like a chicken pilaf and creamed peas and pearl onions to go along with it. date nut loaf bread slices and cottage cheese with tomato slices drizzled in balsamic vinegar, the good stuff from Tuscany. Dessert will be more of those lemon tartlets that I made two days ago and cinnamon ice cream. h20 for me, watermeltini for the man in my life.
Happy Thursday to all of you......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecd
um, where do you live? I have a great pair of helpful hands in the kitchen and I've made baklava...... your dinner sounds wonderful, and heck what's one more person at the table?

Thanks for the offer:-) believe me, I could really use another pair of helpful hands! Thank goodness I already prepared the hummus and Tabbouleh last night before bed!
they're both easy enough to make, just time consuming is all right. Hope it turns out perfect for you, I'm sure it will, enjoy it, with or without me
Old 03-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
Assistant Cook

Thanks for the offer:-) believe me, I could really use another pair of helpful hands! Thank goodness I already prepared the hummus and Tabbouleh last night before bed!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
Head Chef

My wonderful husband just returned from a 10 day trip to Austin TX and he brought me back a frozen 3 lb brisket from Salt Lick BBQ. Is that LOVE or what?!
It is defrosting right now. We are having BBQ brisket (with the Salt Lick's special BBQ sauce) tonight and homemade coleslaw.
I am toying with the idea of making a cake for desert too, not sure yet.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #9
Master Chef

I have a big crockpot of chili cooking. For dessert it is going to be strawberry shortcake. WalMart had the most beautiful strawberry this morning. There was not one bad one in the container .
Old 03-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

dw's got a doc's appt., so i'm gonna make baked butterflied shrimp (frozen from a bag ), haddock in buerre blanc, mashed spuds and steamed corn for my boy and i.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote