Thursday's Table 2/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning all,

Have been MIA the last few days and haven't cooked much. But, I'm back in the kitchen today and will be ready to go as soon as I get some food shopping done.

Tonight we are having pork tenderloin with a honey/mustard/herb rub and then roasted in the overn. Mashed potatoes, and roasted cauliflower will complete the meal.

What's everyone else making?

Enjoy the day:chef:

I guess I'll do up the London Broil that was supposed be cooked yesterday, I made a big batch of au gratin potatoes last night and we only ate half so will warm those up and have some salad with it.

I've got a large package of chicken wings to nip the tips off of and freeze today, so my plans are to hold some back and toss them on the grill tonight. Probably with a garlic/parm sauce.

It's cold and we're pretty much snowed in so we're having comfort food.

Fried chicken, gravy, mashed potatoes, buttered peas and a dessert of some sort. No more funeral cake and I have a bag of lemons that have lemon tart written all over them, so if I get ambitious we'll have that for our sweet.

I've been painting today and I will see how my stamina holds out. Otherwise we'll have ice cream sundaes...or snow creme. There's about 12 inches of snow on the ground, which means that the main ingredient for that is a no brainer.

It's cold and we're pretty much snowed in so we're having comfort food.

Fried chicken, gravy, mashed potatoes, buttered peas and a dessert of some sort. No more funeral cake and I have a bag of lemons that have lemon tart written all over them, so if I get ambitious we'll have that for our sweet.

I've been painting today and I will see how my stamina holds out. Otherwise we'll have ice cream sundaes...or snow creme. There's about 12 inches of snow on the ground, which means that the main ingredient for that is a no brainer.

Well if you are snowed in, means I am snowed out. Dinner sounds good!! I might have to take out a couple of chicken parts and do the same. Not sure yet.

I get the night off from cooking. There is Mushroom Swiss Steak cooking in the crock pot. Of course not being able to stay away I am making dessert. If it turns out I'll let you all know what it is, it not, it will be a well kept culinary failure. :LOL:

Diced up the leftover fried liver and simmering low & slow in combo white sauce and cream of chicken.

I get the night off from cooking. There is Mushroom Swiss Steak cooking in the crock pot. Of course not being able to stay away I am making dessert. If it turns out I'll let you all know what it is, it not, it will be a well kept culinary failure. :LOL:

So here are the pics of the dinner and the dessert creation.

Mushroom Swiss Steak

And the new dessert............ Orange Creme Pie! :ohmy:

Attachments

• MushroomSwissSteak.jpg
    MushroomSwissSteak.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 175
  • OrangeCremePie_full.jpg
    OrangeCremePie_full.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 180
  • OrangeCremePie_slice.jpg
    OrangeCremePie_slice.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
I finally got around to doing my grocery shopping, so I am about to start my favorite grocery shopping day meal--tacos. :)

Speaking of grocery shopping, James seems to think lugging the groceries in from the car is the hard part, but I beg to differ! Putting groceries away, and trying to find a place for everything tops that for sure. What I hate is when I get the refrigerator so packed that it appears I can't fit a grape in there (some of it is meat that I have to divide and freeze), then I turn around and see the carton of sour cream that still needs to go in there. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: I never complain about a full refrigerator or freezer though!

:)Barbara

I did a big produce run today and picked up a deli rotisserie chicken on the way out of the grocery store. I'm feeling pretty lazy these days. I don't think I'm going to be doing much cooking til oh...Monday. LOL!

Whole grain pasta shells with broccoli sautéed in garlic and EVOO and a side salad.

img_968285_0_2c759e0f1ab12b0088e345170b2b7b65.jpg

img_968285_1_63e4a8a1d1c012f66413a984cbbaf728.jpg

Back
Top Bottom