Today's lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di reston

Sous Chef
Hi everyone!

It's hot here now, and I'm looking to do cold dishes that are very easy to make, so here's today's. It's a kind of salad that takes minutes to make, very inexpensive and always popular with our friends and family. I learned it in Rome when I lived there years ago:

1 can cannellini beans
1 can pinto beans
500g fresh tomatoes chopped into small cubes
1 can best quality tuna (250g min) broken up
1 small red bell pepper
1 red onion chopped
salt and pepper
freshly squeezed lemon juice
best quality olive oil

Chop all the vegetables, put them into a salad bowl along with the other ingredients and mix well. That's it. I like lemon juice and EVOO with. My OH likes mayo. Each to his own. you can add some corn, and cooked green beans as well.

What quick and easy lunches do you do? I'm always on the lookout for something new!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

"People of ze wurl, relax!" Tom Robbins from Fiece Invalids Home from Hot Climates.

First of all, I love Tom Robbins/ Fierce Invalids...

“I've sucked way too much cement for this year. Bad juju rising off them city sidewalks. I need to babble with a brook or two, inhale starlight, make friends with some trees.”

Not much of a lunch eater, I usually have either breakfast or lunch, not both. Lunch is usually something leftover from last night's dinner or a sandwich.

One thing I like to have on hand is cold leftover chicken. Make any kind of chicken salad. I think something similar to a layered Nicoise salad is my favorite, followed by taco salad, and chicken, combination of raw and previously cooked veggies, toss with pesto, mix in some pasta or put inside a pita bread.

Fruit or fruit salad. Both yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit is good.

hello to u to guys :)
i had meat roti with stuffed cheese and it was tasty like hell

Recipe

Ingredients
For Qeema Filling
Beef Minced : 500 gm
Onion (Chopped) : 2 tablespoons
National Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1 teaspoon each
National Sabzi Masala : 1 & 1/2 tablespoons
Green Chili (finely Chopped) : 2 pods
Fresh coriander (finely chopped) : 1 tablespoon
Spring Onion (finely chopped) : 5 tablespoons
Cheddar Cheese (grated) : 100 gm
National Iodized Salt : to taste
For The Roti Dough
All-purpose Flour (Maida) : 5 cups
Baking Soda : half teaspoon
Sugar : 1 tablespoon
National Iodized Salt : 1 teaspoon
Yogurt : 2 tablespoons
Egg : 2
Ghee (Clarified Butter) for frying
Method
For Qeema

In a sauce pan put the minced beef, onion, National Ginger Paste, National Garlic Paste, & National Sabzi Masala.

Add to it half a cup of water.

Cook with the lid covered for about 10 minutes on a low heat till all the moisture dries out.

Once dry, cool it down to room temperature and add green chili, fresh coriander, spring onions and grated cheddar cheese.

Add National Iodized Salt, if required.

Keep aside to be used for filling.

For Dough

Combine all the ingredients except for the ghee and knead it well for 10 minutes till it becomes soft and smooth dough.

Cover the dough and let it rest for 20 minutes

Divide the dough in 10 balls. Cover & let it rest for 5 minutes

For Assembly

Heat a tawa at medium heat.

Roll out two dough balls to form circles, each about 8 inches in diameter.

Put a thick layer of the Qeema Filling on one dough circle.

Dampen the edges with a little water using your finger and place the other rolled-out dough circle on top. Press and seal the edges together, making sure there are no gaps.

Gently press the dough from center towards the edge to eliminate any air-pockets.

Fry on the heated tawa, using a little ghee till its golden in color from both sides.

Best accompanied with National Mixed Pickle.

i take this recipes from here https://www.madeeasy.com.pk/asad-khawani-roti-stuffed-with-qeema-paneer-recipe/ its really good i cant imagn tha it would be that tasty.

Love both posts!. Haven't had a layered salade niçoise for ages. I can already feel one coming on....OH loves them too. Have written down the other recipe for beef roti and look forward to doing that too.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

"people of ze wurl, relax!", Tom Robbins, Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates

Pirate made himself some chicken cutlets and what is leftover will go into chicken salad for sandwiches.

He also did up a mess of veal cutlets. Those are strictly for him. Everyone tells me I am crazy, but I have never been a fan of veal. I find it has no flavor.

And right now I am having an upset tummy. So I doubt I will eat anything at all tonight. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom