"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Roast, carrots, potatoes and lima beans....

later

Old 08-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #12
Executive Chef

We ordered Pizza in. Mr HB is still painting the kitchen. He has divided it into 6ths and does 1/6th whenever he's in the mood. By the time he finishes, it'll be time to paint again.

Actually he has to have it done by the Wednesday before Labor Day.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by candelbc
I am pretty excited as we are having Grilled BBQ Chicken, Fresh Sweet Corn, and a Strawberry Chicken Salad with a Honey Lime Vinaigrette... YUM... For Dessert? Yep, you guessed it... An Orea Cheesecake.. :)

-Brad
brad-

what is orea cheescake?

also i see you live in WI (i think that means wisconsin). i also live in wi. how is eau clare? good foods?

my neighbore, wanted to take me to the sausage fest, in sheba...(?), but my sister she needed me at home, the last week end.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #14
Head Chef

I'm planning to put together some chicken and rice, cooked like pilaf, with some peppers (sweet red and jalapeno), onions, garlic, mix in some canned black beans and serve it with warm tortillas, with fresh diced tomatoes and avocado on the side. Also some nice fresh sliced papaya.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

actually i change dinner tonight.

i try and learn to cook more food from all cultures [this is why i am here at this site] so tonight i make italian:

sauce of tomatos, olive oil, garlic, basil, red pepper, ital. sausage, etc.

instead of plain noodles i found some filled with the cheese. i wonder what kind of cheese will be inside. i hope not american -- that is one thing i dont like about this country.

perhaps if every1 embraced the food of other peoples and liked it, the world would be a more friendly place. perhaps, this should be my pupose in life?
Old 08-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #16
Master Chef

Tonight I grilled turkey sausages & lengthwise-cut marinated baby zucchinis outside on the charcoal grill. Also sauteed some Cubanelle peppers & Vidalia onions in some extra-virgin olive oil to top the sausages. Served with a large green salad.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:38 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko
actually i change dinner tonight.

i try and learn to cook more food from all cultures [this is why i am here at this site] so tonight i make italian:

sauce of tomatos, olive oil, garlic, basil, red pepper, ital. sausage, etc.

instead of plain noodles i found some filled with the cheese. i wonder what kind of cheese will be inside. i hope not american -- that is one thing i dont like about this country.

perhaps if every1 embraced the food of other peoples and liked it, the world would be a more friendly place. perhaps, this should be my pupose in life?
Your dinner sounds good. Perhaps your pasta filled with cheese is tortellini, which is round with the center cut out like a donut, and the pasta is filled with cheese, though I'm not sure which cheese, but am certain it is not american cheese. My husband doesnt like american cheese either, he said it tastes like rubber and is very bland yet salty.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:24 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Not really dinner, more like late afternoon 'whatever you want to call it'. I have been dying for a hot dog off the grill all summer...and it took till this late in the summer to actually get one. Naturally, I had to make it myself.

I cooked hot dogs, bugers and a veggie burger (for my daughter). Boston baked beans, oven roasted potatoes and corn on the cob. My fix has been satisfied.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko
brad-

what is orea cheescake?

also i see you live in WI (i think that means wisconsin). i also live in wi. how is eau clare? good foods?

my neighbore, wanted to take me to the sausage fest, in sheba...(?), but my sister she needed me at home, the last week end.
Oreo Cheesecake is seemably a Cheesecake with a Crushed Cookie Crust and sprinkled on top. With Oreo cookies all over inside the heart of the cheesecake.. It was AWESOME.. Thank you for asking..

Eau Claire is a good place to live I think.. Not a big city, but not a small city either..

Where you originally from?

-Brad
Old 08-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #20
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Your dinner sounds good. Perhaps your pasta filled with cheese is tortellini, which is round with the center cut out like a donut, and the pasta is filled with cheese, though I'm not sure which cheese, but am certain it is not american cheese. My husband doesnt like american cheese either, he said it tastes like rubber and is very bland yet salty.
Yes, it was tortellini. i was thankfull, that the cheese inside was soft and italian and crumby (not the bad crumby, the crumby = falls apart easy) and had green herb inside (parsley/basil?? ) and not american.