"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #21
Executive Chef

I had to come and find this thread and add to it. I've gotten to know trader joes better than when this thread first appeared. I just had to share the new things I've found.

They have these, they look like minature ice cube trays, full of garlic. It has already been diced up and each square is a clove of garlic. They are in the frozen section by the veggies. It is so handy to just pop out a couple squares and save your self a lot of time. They also have basil. I use that quite often too. I add it to scrambled eggs, pasta dishes or whatever catches my fancy. There is cilantro too but I havent tried that yet.

The pasta sauces are good. We like the 3 cheese one. Kinda creamy.
Dh like these little frozen chicken tacos.
The choc crossiants that toots recommended are great!
I've also tried the peppermint cheescake. It wasn't over minty, like I thought it could be.
Salsa
deli meats
boursin cheese is cheap. We go through that cheese like its butter.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
I had to come and find this thread and add to it. I've gotten to know trader joes better than when this thread first appeared. I just had to share the new things I've found.

They have these, they look like minature ice cube trays, full of garlic. It has already been diced up and each square is a clove of garlic. They are in the frozen section by the veggies. It is so handy to just pop out a couple squares and save your self a lot of time. They also have basil. I use that quite often too. I add it to scrambled eggs, pasta dishes or whatever catches my fancy. There is cilantro too but I havent tried that yet.

The pasta sauces are good. We like the 3 cheese one. Kinda creamy.
Dh like these little frozen chicken tacos.
The choc crossiants that toots recommended are great!
I've also tried the peppermint cheescake. It wasn't over minty, like I thought it could be.
Salsa
deli meats
boursin cheese is cheap. We go through that cheese like its butter.
Love those little trays of garlic, basil and cilantro..Found them about a year ago and just can't do without them..Just picked up some great evoo,and a loaf of sourdough seeded french bread..The frozen goodies are fantastic..I've never gotten something we didn't like..Great place to shop.
kadesma

Old 02-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #23
Master Chef

wish there was one near me. I hate missing out on goodies.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 AM   #24
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to wysiwyg
Their parmeggiano cheese is excellent in quality and price, inexpensive wine from Argentina, Chile, Germany (Sekt), Spain (Cava) and France. French butter and USA made mascarpone cheese is also great. They have light coconut milk and palm hearts at great prices and their cereal is also very good (honey nuts O's) and they have sopressata (Italian salami) that is a great addition to home made red sauce.
I really like that store.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:07 AM   #25
Head Chef

No Trader Joes around here, either. I'd love to be able to browse through one. Probably spend my kids' inheritance there, though.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #26
Master Chef

The only thing I'll go out of my way for are theri nuts and their wine.

Wine -- particularly their $3.99 Vino Verde.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #27
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
The only thing I'll go out of my way for are theri nuts and their wine.

Wine -- particularly their $3.99 Vino Verde.
So, Jennyema, am I to believe you would go out of your way for a $4.00 bottle of green wine? Sorry, couldn't resist.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

christmas eve dinner

i did an all little snacks, one christmas eve. almost all the stuff i bought at trader joes. dips , mini tacos, stuffed mushrooms, fried eggplant etc. all in the frozen food section.

babe
Old 02-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #29
Senior Cook

I'm there every week. They are great. Everytime I'm there they have a food & beverage demo. I buy so much there, let me think:
nuts, organic raisins, dried cranberries, organic bananas, baby beets, apples, kiwi, turkey breast luncheon meat (w/o additives), soups, sparkling limeade, wheat free crackers, gluten free ginger snaps, frozen fruits (for smoothies), frozen potato patties, canned beans, rice pasta, marinara sauce, pizza crust and sauce, salsa and chips, soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, tea, cane sugar, kalamata olives, black olives, and probably much more....
Old 02-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #30
Assistant Cook

I've never been to Trader Joes. I believe there is one north of Cincinnati, so maybe I need to check it out.

From what you all are posting it would be worth the drive?