Tuesday 7/11/2017 What's to eat today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I had some leftover beef stroganoff and noodles for brunch.
I planned on pizza for dinner:
Mama Mary thin & crispy crust

(Picture hosted on Postimage)

Topped with:
Olive oil
Plain tomato sauce
Oregano, ground red pepper flakes and my all purpose seasoning blend
Sliced fresh garlic
Onions
Green pepper
Mushrooms
Pepperoni
Mozzarella
Grated Parmesan and grated Romano
I also have grated Swiss and cheddar cheeses that I may add on.

I get the 2 pack of crusts. And I crank oven up to 550F. Only takes 3-5 minutes on a pizza stone to cook crispy.

But plans can change at the last minute.

Last edited:
We chose fish over french toast yesterday so...

Today is breakfast for dinner... Brioche French Toast, bacon and a mix of fresh fruit..

A quick banana bread for two, later...

Ross

I'm making a recipe out of the cookbook Veganomicon, Pineapple, Cashew, Quinoa Stir Fry. This the second time I am making it, the first time was way back when I was first sorting out a vegan diet....have come a long way since then!

I seem to have accumulated a lot of home-grown tomatoes, so I'm making good old BLABTs tonight (add avocado and basil) and pasta salad. I have some extra gemelli that I cooked a couple days ago.

I seem to have accumulated a lot of home-grown tomatoes, so I'm making good old BLABTs tonight (add avocado and basil) and pasta salad. I have some extra gemelli that I cooked a couple days ago.
Sounds fantastic! I miss homegrown tomatoes and basil. Did you make some fresh no knead bread?

Weather forecast was for an unsettled evening, so it' s indoor cooking. Veal piccata (one of Mrs. T's faves), faux risotto Milanese in the Zoji, nuked broc.

Grilled Pork Chops with Cabbage and Kale Au Gratin.

sQsm9yi.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone's meals look and sound wonderful!

Merlot what's in your salad?

Everyone's meals look and sound wonderful!

Merlot what's in your salad?
Orzo
Spinach
Cucumbers
Cocktail tomatoes
Oregano
lemon and garlic dressing
Kalamata olives
And shaved Parmesan (I forgot the feta at the store!)
S and pepper
Next time I need to add more lemon, it was a bit bland? Maybe because I forgot to get the feta? I'm kind of weird about feta anyways, sometimes I think it tastes so similar to bleu cheese I don't like it. Is that common??

Orzo
Spinach
Cucumbers
Cocktail tomatoes
Oregano
lemon and garlic dressing
Kalamata olives
And shaved Parmesan (I forgot the feta at the store!)
S and pepper
Next time I need to add more lemon, it was a bit bland? Maybe because I forgot to get the feta? I'm kind of weird about feta anyways, sometimes I think it tastes so similar to bleu cheese I don't like it. Is that common??
Thank you copied. I love blue cheese (Trader Joe's cave aged blue is wonderful). I don't think blue and feta taste alike though.

SO and I had a garlic ginger shrimp stir-fry with red pepper, mushrooms, pea pods and onions. GD had l/o roast chicken and pilaf as she doesn't like shrimp.

Thank you copied. I love blue cheese (Trader Joe's cave aged blue is wonderful). I don't think blue and feta taste alike though.
Well I didn't either until I went to a local restaurant and they had a edamame feta cranberry dish. I loved it the first time so I bragged on it to my friend, I had it a second time and loved it and the 3rd time I had it, all I tasted was a strong bleu cheese flavor. I asked the waitress but she swore it was feta. I haven't tried it since. I'm not sure if they lied to me or it was my taste buds....
Greek Orzo Salad | Midwest Living
This is the link to the recipe I followed but I added cucumber and spinach and of course replaced the feta probably a subconscious decision :ermm:

Last edited:
Yummy looking suppers.

I made Linda's Pot o' Pig and served it with a salad with homemade vinaigrette, boiled potatoes, and radishes. We had white wine with that. There will be homemade ice cream for dessert, choice of lemon sherbert or strawberry.

kh0PlbUvZCLktoMkY06uafCZf_FMIQuHDFP3_s42sPmraeFc9cqzVsbXI3BSWVL4JdgiWgWxW3lKALXWf7tavj-WxIdpWD6mB8Hw9W7hdks_LYflwuA7TEVFx1I4NlTO4OrRQbK02rME9iMg6weOYycQVBYUgtJczPcfDp8YBP3NgfcWVr6FudvmrAiT4DoEtUCNlwVJZYV8I4K5YAPHJjOb_zU4tM2mbyN02uCL8gTmalozfpDPrZilkdEPbDuxRoOwCaOM5DhWRm2nfsPCvZWPlI_BiL0iMJwoqbrWYmvnEYdSAYItQgo94dotoewf79c26SwRO8sgNhgulbd3ZiKOgrPW57bbIgI0YboATyxr-8UAaQ0QwaBmnh1-IwYeK-ougOEzU7vGMUlMJiqBxAvr6u37o0gjcSsenx6sBhLD8SnDgbuHEMLecWjTApH-6wdviSDEE7vKB8IWY7QHJkzx6kfbcTwpGnNADo9IoM8OR1SwSbJ3qY5aLeYW2VFd0ddyaML88qjhJG3mtIKD5-Ez6TrSiIzPw5J4nGswrNfzD6Jv8_9nlyWk--Rke-V_e21MoLeHKAHLvbiu2QiXkEtHR3CDgb5sPRAry_tAzV9F8acYF5sq52Ftn3BXGjsTuxLAyYQWYmGR9VYlY6tSufJLvJ0F27vbSvyXCYMdtyr2LmE=w877-h612-no

Wonderful looking dinners Merlot, Steve, Taxy, and MsM! :yum:

MsM, glad to see that your family has been minding their p's and q's (as my grammy used to say :LOL:), at least enough to deserve those cherry turnovers. They look sooo good!

This afternoon's dinner here was a taco salad, and fruit for dessert.

Wonderful looking dinners Merlot, Steve, Taxy, and MsM! :yum:

MsM, glad to see that your family has been minding their p's and q's (as my grammy used to say :LOL:), at least enough to deserve those cherry turnovers. They look sooo good!

This afternoon's dinner here was a taco salad, and fruit for dessert.

Thank you Cheryl. Here's one for you.

cherry_turnover_single_071117_P1100123.jpg

Back
Top Bottom