Tuesday dinner 10/9/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
No taco Tuesday here.

I have two huge portabella mushrooms I'm going to stuff with crab meat mixed in a bread dressing (Stove Top)with green onions and parsley moistened with clam juice with butter and cooked in the toaster oven. Roasted asparagus will be on the side along with spinach salads.

Last edited:
Fried green peppers with marinaded olives. Minestrone soup/stew.

Supermarket "ocean fresh" swordfish on the grill. This is the time of year that sword prices drop, and this was pretty darn good from the supermarket, particularly in view of the price at $9 / lb. I found a bundle of reasonably large asparagus, so that went on the grill as well (tossed with a bit of EVOO and garlic). Potato salad rounded out the dinner.

I needed something quick, light, and easy for this afternoon's dinner, so I had a mushroom and asparagus omelet with sliced avocado on the side. It really hit the spot.

No taco Tuesday here.

I have two huge portabella mushrooms I'm going to stuff with crab meat mixed in a bread dressing (Stove Top)with green onions and parsley moistened with clam juice with butter and cooked in the toaster oven. Roasted asparagus will be on the side along with spinach salads.

:yum:

Attachments

• PA090017[1].jpg
    PA090017[1].jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 129
Tasty looking, Kayelle.

We had salads with the fresh lettuce and veggies from the farmers market. Our entree was baby potatoes sliced into planks and tossed with olive oil and Herbes de Provence; steamed broccoli; and chicken saltimbocca. DeeLish!

IMG_20181009_201547510.jpg

I made "Local Style Beef Stew"
https://www.foodland.com/recipe/local-style-beef-stew
(please watch the video-its fun)
... a few weeks ago and froze half of it.
Today, I wasn't feeling up to par and went deep freezer diving,
looking for something to have for dinner that was simple, aka no-cook-just- reheat.
I made a fresh pot of steamed white rice and
ladled the stew atop.
DH likes his with Diamond Bakery Soda Crackers with his.
008.jpg
I don't make my Beef Stew with quit as much tomato product,
it doesn't agree with me so much dontcha know :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom