Tuesday, July 10, 2018, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no Joel..what's the latest on Mark?

No cooking here on this hot night.

Chilly dinner...
Assorted cheeses and salami with crackers.
Chilled thinly sliced rare Tri Tip from Sunday, a couple grilled thighs from last night.
We also finished off the last of the Broccoli Salad. Love that stuff.
Chilled assorted fruit..cherries, nectarine, melon.
Thanks Kayelle, for asking. He had surgery today, and is doing as well as can be expected. Can’t say the same for the nurses in post-op, though! They’ll probably all need a stiff drink when they get home!

We had a big salad for supper.... then the grandbabies came over and BEGGED me to have some ice cream with them, so I broke down and had Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream with them. My blood sugar didn't like it. I normally run 120 to 130, I was 184 this AM.

Cool. What do you do to put a sear on your sous vide steak? I either use a half-full Weber charcoal chimney and a small grate to char the steak very briefly on each side, or use my Searsall to give it a nice sear.

CD

Ripping hot cast iron pan, knob of Irish butter, some garlic then sea salt at the end. Alternatively, I have a cast iron grill plate that goes across 2 gas burners, I'll use that from time to time, too.

The searzall is an interesting piece of kit, and I'd be inclined to get one if I wasn't happy with the cast iron, but it works for what I'm doing. I've also seen people using a much less expensive, equally effective tool, it's a gas weed burner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eURg52s65xc

I'm indoors, with no patio/grill space, so gotta make due.

Last edited:
TAT...that video is hysterical!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I love it!!

No kidding though....it's a brilliant idea for a multi purpose tool.

I love my fire breathing searing side burner on my grill for my Sous Vide. I call her Wilma, but if I didn't have her I'd sure get me a weed burner for my propane tank fur sure. :D Yabba Dabba Doo!!!

Back
Top Bottom