"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Master Chef

Wednesday 12/14/2011 What's cooking?

Did I miss the meal thread for today? If so sorry and please merge.

Roasted bone in chicken breasts, quartered small red & Yukon potatoes, onion and sliced mushroom caps. Seasoned with my AP seasoning blend, rosemary, thyme and rubbed sage. It smells wonderful in here. Microwave steamed fresh broccoli & carrots and gravy round out the meal.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Yummy and lovely, MM!

Tuna salad. Trying to counteract the holiday goodies.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Yummy and lovely, MM!

Tuna salad. Trying to counteract the holiday goodies.
Thank you DL.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

Leftover turkey dinner shepherd's pie.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

MM, I can't make your photo bigger. I click and get an error message. This saves my screen from the lick marks, but I'm wondering what your photo service is now, and if it changed. I have always been able to expand and admire your pics before. Might be something on my end too.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
MM, I can't make your photo bigger. I click and get an error message. This saves my screen from the lick marks, but I'm wondering what your photo service is now, and if it changed. I have always been able to expand and admire your pics before. Might be something on my end too.
Photobucket as always. Mine gets bigger. IE and firefox have zoom options.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
Executive Chef

We went out for dinner to a moderately up-scale Italian restaurant. We began with Eggplant caponata bruschettas for starters, and our server brought complimentary stuffed mushrooms, one for each of us.
My main course was a Pappardelle ( really wide pasta strips) with house smoked braised pork , mushrooms, herbs in a really flavorful tomato sauce.
When it came time for dessert, we were just going to have coffee. Somehow my arm was twisted and we shared possibly the largest plate of Tiramasu I have ever seen. It was also possibly the best tasting one I have eaten too.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
Master Chef

The enlarge function works for me, Dawg. Another mouth watering pic, Msm.

We had Salisbury Steak on steroids tonight.
I blended an egg, s&p, into the ground chuck and made four thin patties, topping two of them with Swiss cheese and topped each with another patty, sealing the edges. I browned them in a skillet, and put them in a 350 oven to finish cooking. To the drippings I cooked some mushrooms, bell pepper & onion till tender and added flour, cooking the flour for a couple of minutes. I added beef broth, some Gravy Master, and a few shakes of Worcestershire and cooked till thickened. I plated the stuffed patties along side some mashed taters, and poured the glorified gravy over everything.. Salad was the green contribution. Such an "old school" dinner and just as good and fattening as ever!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
The enlarge function works for me, Dawg. Another mouth watering pic, Msm.

We had Salisbury Steak on steroids tonight.
I blended an egg, s&p, into the ground chuck and made four thin patties, topping two of them with Swiss cheese and topped each with another patty, sealing the edges. I browned them in a skillet, and put them in a 350 oven to finish cooking. To the drippings I cooked some mushrooms, bell pepper & onion till tender and added flour, cooking the flour for a couple of minutes. I added beef broth, some Gravy Master, and a few shakes of Worcestershire and cooked till thickened. I plated the stuffed patties along side some mashed taters, and poured the glorified gravy over everything.. Salad was the green contribution. Such an "old school" dinner and just as good and fattening as ever!
Thank you Kay. You dinner sound wonderful.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #10
Master Chef

Try to aim for simple in between holiday excesses. Scrambled eggs (I even had some fresh herbs not yet frozen to death quite yet to add), hash browns, and bacon. I'm never happy with my hash brown in recent years, but these were better than usual. But I think I'll go to home fries/cottage fries. Less trouble, turn out crispy every time.

Tags
cooking