"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,541
Wednesday 12/14/2011 What's cooking?

Did I miss the meal thread for today? If so sorry and please merge.

Roasted bone in chicken breasts, quartered small red & Yukon potatoes, onion and sliced mushroom caps. Seasoned with my AP seasoning blend, rosemary, thyme and rubbed sage. It smells wonderful in here. Microwave steamed fresh broccoli & carrots and gravy round out the meal.

__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,136
Yummy and lovely, MM!

Tuna salad. Trying to counteract the holiday goodies.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Yummy and lovely, MM!

Tuna salad. Trying to counteract the holiday goodies.
Thank you DL.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,403
Leftover turkey dinner shepherd's pie.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,136
MM, I can't make your photo bigger. I click and get an error message. This saves my screen from the lick marks, but I'm wondering what your photo service is now, and if it changed. I have always been able to expand and admire your pics before. Might be something on my end too.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
MM, I can't make your photo bigger. I click and get an error message. This saves my screen from the lick marks, but I'm wondering what your photo service is now, and if it changed. I have always been able to expand and admire your pics before. Might be something on my end too.
Photobucket as always. Mine gets bigger. IE and firefox have zoom options.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
Executive Chef
 
Whiskadoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Twin Cities Mn
Posts: 2,954
We went out for dinner to a moderately up-scale Italian restaurant. We began with Eggplant caponata bruschettas for starters, and our server brought complimentary stuffed mushrooms, one for each of us.
My main course was a Pappardelle ( really wide pasta strips) with house smoked braised pork , mushrooms, herbs in a really flavorful tomato sauce.
When it came time for dessert, we were just going to have coffee. Somehow my arm was twisted and we shared possibly the largest plate of Tiramasu I have ever seen. It was also possibly the best tasting one I have eaten too.
__________________
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,896
The enlarge function works for me, Dawg. Another mouth watering pic, Msm.

We had Salisbury Steak on steroids tonight.
I blended an egg, s&p, into the ground chuck and made four thin patties, topping two of them with Swiss cheese and topped each with another patty, sealing the edges. I browned them in a skillet, and put them in a 350 oven to finish cooking. To the drippings I cooked some mushrooms, bell pepper & onion till tender and added flour, cooking the flour for a couple of minutes. I added beef broth, some Gravy Master, and a few shakes of Worcestershire and cooked till thickened. I plated the stuffed patties along side some mashed taters, and poured the glorified gravy over everything.. Salad was the green contribution. Such an "old school" dinner and just as good and fattening as ever!
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
The enlarge function works for me, Dawg. Another mouth watering pic, Msm.

We had Salisbury Steak on steroids tonight.
I blended an egg, s&p, into the ground chuck and made four thin patties, topping two of them with Swiss cheese and topped each with another patty, sealing the edges. I browned them in a skillet, and put them in a 350 oven to finish cooking. To the drippings I cooked some mushrooms, bell pepper & onion till tender and added flour, cooking the flour for a couple of minutes. I added beef broth, some Gravy Master, and a few shakes of Worcestershire and cooked till thickened. I plated the stuffed patties along side some mashed taters, and poured the glorified gravy over everything.. Salad was the green contribution. Such an "old school" dinner and just as good and fattening as ever!
Thank you Kay. You dinner sound wonderful.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #10
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Galena, IL
Posts: 7,973
Try to aim for simple in between holiday excesses. Scrambled eggs (I even had some fresh herbs not yet frozen to death quite yet to add), hash browns, and bacon. I'm never happy with my hash brown in recent years, but these were better than usual. But I think I'll go to home fries/cottage fries. Less trouble, turn out crispy every time.
__________________

__________________
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cooking

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.