Wednesday 8/31 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had one of those turkey roasts that come in a net. Got tired of it rolling around in the freezer so it's in the oven now smelling like Thanksgiving. They are actually pretty darn good, and no waste! Potatoes are ready to boil for mashed potatoes, and the bacon/onion green beans are ready to cook. I had some frozen dressing so it's ready to add to the oven also. I'm planning on some good pan gravy when the turkey roast is done.
Already thinking of leftovers. :)

Smoked a little pork roast and some jalapenos on the stove top smoker, then refrigerated. Will place in the slow cooker with a beer tomorrow and see what happens!

Made mushroom soup tonight with buttons and hen of the woods. Turned out decent.

Last edited:
my granddaughter is bringing me kfc. i feel awful and to tired to cook. thawed chicken livers, but just can't deal with them.just finished up dinner. i always get the grilled, kidding myself that is healthier..

I pulled out a pot roast meal from the freezer (made up for DH's evening shifts) and ground up the meat and veggies separately and covered the whole thing with the gravy. Dad was in heaven - He loves pot roast. Too bad I didn't think of it sooner.

We have reheats of last night's pasta. Even better the second day if I may say so. Now I have just enough left to make a frozen meal for DH to replace the pot roast one!

Chicken cacciatore, pasta and big green salad. We had chocolate croissant pudding for dessert.

I didn't have any dinner.. just some grapes and popcorn.

I made Mark basically what I had for lunch ... stuffed pepper filling in a tortilla with American and Mozz cheeses all folded up, egg roll-style. On the side, red, seedless grapes.

On porpoise I made enough stuffer peppers for tuesday nights dinner with mash, last night they tasted even better, I rough chopped them added some more sour cream and we had them with buttered pasta.

I feel lazy today, I should prepare a risotto with porcini and sausage. But I'm too laaaaazy, and I finished both rice and butter, got to go out and buy them. I don't know...

Back
Top Bottom