Wednesday 8/31 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My freezer is overloaded with dinners again, so I'll be thawing and reheating for a while. What are you cooking today?:chef:

I feel like something with mashed potatoes and gravy.
I'll scrounge around in my freezer and look to see if I have any sliced meatloaf in there first, if not I'll probably fry some pork chops... or maybe even make pork piccata. Something with gravy is all I know.

Asian flavors tonight:
Shrimp egg rolls ( from frozen )
Steamed brocolli & carrots
White rice
General Tso chicken

Our dinner tonight will be meatloaf, gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans. A real comfort food if there ever was one.

Enjoy the day!

What "cooked" for lunch today was a BLT. I am really liking cooking bacon up ahead of time and freezing it in portions. That is something I am going to start doing on a regular basis. Bacon without the fuss. Love it.

Today's dinner is defrosting: Pork slices simmered in gravy and a split pea/baby lima bean soup. All I have to do is make some instant mashed potatoes.

What "cooked" for lunch today was a BLT. I am really liking cooking bacon up ahead of time and freezing it in portions. That is something I am going to start doing on a regular basis. Bacon without the fuss. Love it.

That's what I do. I use half-sheet pans. Spray oil the pans and lay out a pound of bacon on each. I do two at a time. I put them into a 400º F oven. Periodically use a fork to move the strips around to keep then unstuck and separate.

When done, I drain on paper towels then roll up the strips in paper towel and freeze. When needed, I unroll to take as many strips as I need. Nuke for a few seconds to defrost and heat up.

That's what I do. I use half-sheet pans. Spray oil the pans and lay out a pound of bacon on each. I do two at a time. I put them into a 400º F oven. Periodically use a fork to move the strips around to keep then unstuck and separate.

When done, I drain on paper towels then roll up the strips in paper towel and freeze. When needed, I unroll to take as many strips as I need. Nuke for a few seconds to defrost and heat up.

Great idea wrapping it up in paper towels to freeze.

Pork Chop
Applesauce
Kidney Bean Salad
Scalloped Potatoes (I think)
Carrots (Another possible)

I have an abundance of stuffable vegetables, including peppers and summer squash, so... um... I'm thinking of stuffing them with something. The "something" is as of yet undecided. :chef:

A lot of people seem to be having pork tonight.

I have a condo board meeting so it'll be some leftover corned beef and leftover roasted potatoes for a quick dinner tonight.

dw took my boy and some friends fishing today, and i got to spend the day drying out and cleaning up the basement. :glare:

so dinner is takeout from a hole-!in-the-wall steak joint. grilled chicken over greek salad for dw, a chee boigah for the boy, and a protein salad for me ( topped with thin slices of pork, chicken, and steak, with swiss cheese and olives). extra sides of garlic bread, garlic mashed, and rice and beans.

I'm going to throw a couple ears of corn on the grill and cook some green beans, too. I just started the cooking process about ten minutes ago by turning the burner on under the spuds. I probably ought to start warming up the CI skillet, these chops are thick and I want to slow cook them after the first flip.

Back
Top Bottom