What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on a desperate search all w/end for turkey cookie cutters and not finding ANY, I settled for some oak leaves, pineapple shapes and roosters. Baked some butter cookies today and just got done icing them.

Yesterday I baked some White Chocolate Chip Macaroon Cookies.
I made them using the Nestle's Toll House Cookie recipe, but tweaked the recipe. I substituted the white chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips, (I added 1-1/4 cups of the white chocolate chips) and substituted immitation coconut extract for the vanilla extract, plus I added 1 cup of sweetened flaked coconut, left out the chopped nuts, and added 1/2 cup more of the flour. I baked the cookies on a Pampered Chef Baking Stone, anywhere's for 8 mins & 30 sec to 9 minutes, (as my oven does get very hot) and in a 350 degree oven. I did frost the cookies with some white chocolate chips (3/4 cup) and a bit of shortening (1 teaspoon) that I had melted together in an 800 degree microwave oven for 1 minute & 30 seconds; stirring after one minute, and then sprinkled half the cookies w/red colored sugar, and the other half w/green colored sugar, but I think next time I will not frost them, as they were also good w/o the frosting. Also, one thing I forgot to mention, in order to frost all the cookies, I had to make 2 batches of the frosting. Perhaps it was a good thing that my husband and I ate a few of them before I frosted them, or I wouldn't of had enough frosting for all the cookies.

Pies Pies Pies....

I am making dessert pies for TG tonight... Pumkin, Apple-Quince, and Apple-Cranberry...

One may become a cobbler... or I might just make cobbler too have to see how much filling I have.

Also I will be making my Cranberry Sauce.... My house is going to smell soo good

I love pie it is my favorite dessert/breakfast... I can guarantee nobody will eat them but that's fine more leftovers for me

Well first off to work to bake a couple bagels.

This evening I will bake diner rolls and an apple pie.

I made lemon shortcake. I made 2 trays of it because butter, flour and lemons are currently inexpensive. It has the juice and grated rind of 3 lemons in it. Delicious!:chef:

Pies Pies Pies....

I am making dessert pies for TG tonight... Pumkin, Apple-Quince, and Apple-Cranberry...

One may become a cobbler... or I might just make cobbler too have to see how much filling I have.

Also I will be making my Cranberry Sauce.... My house is going to smell soo good

I love pie it is my favorite dessert/breakfast... I can guarantee nobody will eat them but that's fine more leftovers for me

well I only made it through the pumpkin last night (dogs had a play date which cut into my time so I still have a ways to go..... apples cranberries quince....its going to smell soo good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom