What inspire you to do baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah 987

Assistant Cook
hi everyone what experiences you’ve had relating to food or cooking? and how
these experiences have inspired you to do a Baking.

Does anyone have any professional degree ?

What inspires me to bake? Well, for the holiday meals I like to bake dinner rolls. But right now I have nothing for dessert, so I am going to force myself to bake a chocolate sour cream Texas sheet cake with chocolate sour cream frosting.

No degree here, just cooking for a long time. I love expermenting with new things. Not always successful, but we learn from our successes and failures.

As ar as baking goes, I'm pretty good at it, but I dont enjoy I, cause for as good as I am at baking, I'm even better at making a mess ( especially when it comes to flour ( a and frying things like eggplant).

As far as inspiration goes, just the smell of something freshly baked is enough to inspire me ( especially bread). I love seeing how things are made and trying to duplicate something I'd normally get in a store, in my kitchen with my own two hands. Sometimes it's just to prove that I can do it, then chalk it off to a been there, done that kinda thing. Other times, if relatively easy and comes out really good, I might do it on a more regular basis.

- Bagels is something I do maybe once a year
- Soft pretzels is something I used to do all the time with kids.
- Focaccia I make every summer when my grape tomatoes are in season. it also freezes well, so I make a large one, then freeze its in serving sizes to use over the course of the year.
- I've been doing some testing of vegan cakes (Donuts and fritters which are deep fried, and some Asian flat and middle eastern flat breads which are cooked in a pan, so don't really count as baking).

a degree in baking plus $2 will get you a small cup of coffee.
I went to plumbing technical school I'm not a plumber because I didn't train for several years with a plumber, the methods taught in schools are not even close to the way trades really work.
Culinary schools are what used to be called finishing school .
But many years spent at granny's elbow teach far better .

What inspires me to cook or bake? The sun comes up! I love cooking, especially baking. I enjoy spending time in the kitchen and making the whole house smell good. Since there are only the two of us, a lot of the baked goods get given away. No one has complained yet!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom