What are you eating Tuesday 12/26/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dx = a term I made up= my dear ex-wife. I dislike using the word Ex and we're closer than 'ex's. I know we are not the only ex-spouses in DC who still manage relationships, in that respect we are not unique. We've reached the fun age where we no longer sweat the small stuff. :)

I know what you mean. I have a Dx myself - well, actually I have three I've managed to stay on good terms with. I even get Christmas cards from them. :)

As I mentioned on the birthday thread (thanks you guys!), we had dinner at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis. They have a very nice restaurant there. I had the chicken, which consisted of a breast portion, stuffed with (I think) celeriac puree and then wrapped with crispy chicken skin. In the photo below, you can see something underneath the lower left corner of the breast piece. This was some sort of layered chicken skin concoction that's fried and glazed. Honestly, it's one of the most unusual things I think I've ever eaten, and I wish I knew more about how it was made. It reminded me a little of pork belly. It was really good. I'm not sure what all the sauces were. One was maple-based, and I believe the cream-colored one was aioli.

After dinner, we walked across the hall to see a compilation of ads that won the British Arrows awards. Most were funny, but there were a couple that were very moving, including one for paralympics (below) that even gave crusty old me a lump in my throat.

Good birthday!

hwv0Wif.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IocLkk3aYlk

Son and grandson came over last night. Don't see him much since he now has Dx who gets her son on rotational weeks so my time is limited. We had Papa Hal's hamburger with the trimmings and did hit the left overs with some deviled eggs.

My BIL was over and we had leftovers from Monday. I sliced up the boiled nugget potatoes and fried them for the two guys (I am off nightshades because the trigger inflammation), had sliced turkey and ham, the rest of the gravy, and salad. We had ice cream and fresh berries for dessert.

My BIL was over and we had leftovers from Monday. I sliced up the boiled nugget potatoes and fried them for the two guys (I am off nightshades because the trigger inflammation), had sliced turkey and ham, the rest of the gravy, and salad. We had ice cream and fresh berries for dessert.

Hello LP. Hope you’re 100% soon.

BTW did you make the scampi?

Back
Top Bottom