"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-21-2008, 12:54 AM   #21
Executive Chef

Unfortunately, I have to work. All freakin' day. 0700 to close, which is 8 pm. I'm not sure what my other is planning.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:09 AM   #22
Master Chef

Sorry, Allen to hear that you have to work. We won't be doing much except watch the snow melt......YEAHHHH!!! But then Monday we should get pictures of our granddaughter at her Easter egg hunt. My son promised to send some. She is now five and at the age to understand that Christmas means presents and Easter means candy and baskets. For those of you watching your kids hunt eggs thrill the kids and let them hide the eggs and the adults then search for them. They LOVE it and will follow around and "help" you.....:)

Old 03-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Last weekend we went and met the Easter bunny. Fun all around.
We will be dying eggs tomorrow. It will be messy! Maybe we could do it outside, its supposed to be sunny.
I will get up early to hide eggs and baskets on Sunday. Last year I left a little note with a hint to find the next egg. Aidan doesn't look for things very hard so I think I will do that again.
I will do an Easter basket for both the kids. I couldn't find any decent little toys to put in them so it will be all candy. I love Easter candy!
If the weather is nice we will ride out bikes to the park. I'll make dhs favorite pasta dish, then I have rehearsal that evening.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
Last weekend we went and met the Easter bunny. Fun all around.
We will be dying eggs tomorrow. It will be messy! Maybe we could do it outside, its supposed to be sunny.
I will get up early to hide eggs and baskets on Sunday. Last year I left a little note with a hint to find the next egg. Aidan doesn't look for things very hard so I think I will do that again.
I will do an Easter basket for both the kids. I couldn't find any decent little toys to put in them so it will be all candy. I love Easter candy!
If the weather is nice we will ride out bikes to the park. I'll make dhs favorite pasta dish, then I have rehearsal that evening.
How did the egg dying go? I had the kids here and we did the dying outside on the grass..I have two small kids tables so they had fun..Little Olivia took to it like a duck to water..She was so intent that when all the eggs were done, she just kept standing over the color she picked with the last egg spooning the color over and over..Poor little thing followed her auntie crying to have the dish back to keep dying the same egg..She just sobbed when it got poured out..I felt so sorry for her..Next time we do something if one of the kids is really intent on it, it does NOT
get taken away til they tire of it completely..Poor kid sat in my lap and sobbed for over a half hour...Then fell asleep..So next time Ma is taking charge
Other than that, it was a blast, the boys each had fun and gave e and pa hugs and said thank you..Guess the old Easter bunny better cough up some nice baskets

kades
Old 03-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #25
Executive Chef

dinner with friends tomorrow at their place.
Next week I have to do the corned beef etc.
the following week I'll do the lamb.

Got behind cause Easter is so early this year.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #26
Master Chef

We are starting to dye eggs now, looks like it will be an indoor easter egg hunt this year. Not sure what the church will be doing, they were also planning an easter egg hunt but it may have to be indoors now as well.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Being more a pagan than anything else, I'm more apt to celebrate the arrival of spring, complete with finally seeing the robins again!!!!! However, I'm also very proud of family traditions, so I've been baking easter pies and breads all weekend.

I had company for dinner last evening, and again this evening. Tomorrow, I'll put out the coloured eggs as usual, but my daughter cannot be home to hunt for them with my son... I'll make brunch and dinner for who ever happens to be around.

The celebration of spring shall continue as I look forward to the newly sighted buds opening.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #28
Master Chef

Sounds nice and cozy, VeraBlue! I love spring here, too. The river melts.....yeah!!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:21 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue View Post
The celebration of spring shall continue as I look forward to the newly sighted buds opening.
Vera - we have Bradford Pears blooming all over that are beautiful - just a cloud of white - some trees are bright green with buds - I'm sneezing all the time time I LOVE how things come alive again.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:37 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Perhaps a little late to post, but Buck and I really didn't have any "big" Easter plans. Just the two of us. I made a bit of a special breakfast and had a fun Easter basket on the table when Buck came downstairs this morning.

We had a nice dinner and some Easter candy for dessert. Very quiet but nice.