"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #11
Master Chef

Just ordered from Pizza Hut. The yungun has some friends over so we ordered out.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
You should be able to edit an image as many times as you want and, unless the file is set to read-only, you can do it with different editors. But there's only so much an editor can do if a photo was blurry to begin with. Btw, I've been doing graphic design/image editing for over 20 years and have taught it in the past, although I use image editing software on my PC.
The image was very clear. The macro switch on my digi cam is inactivated with flash (which I had to use since it was indoors at night) although it is tuned to "fine image quality". Maybe the sharpness is lost once a photo magnifies? It seems that the photo size here automatically adjusts.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #13
Head Chef

Half a bag of frozen 3 color bell peppers from Trader Joe's. Canned pineapple chunks. Stir up a pineapple sauce with spices, add arrowroot to thicken it, add onion chunks, then bake it all with a large chicken breast and pineapple chunks. Served over rice.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Dead tired today when I got home from a meeting with a client, went to pick up a new laptop to use for another contract, had problems with my bank card, yadda, yadda, yadda. Had to drive 1 hr west to pick up 45 lb of fresh cut lamb, back to the City, back in to the computer store to pay for the software in cash, ran around looking for jelly jars for that grape juice in the fridge...oh, and did I mention the Saint Bernard got sprayed by a skunk around 2:30 a.m. last night? Didn't feel like cooking, but the DH showed up with two face cords of dry wood. How could I not feed him? My plan was to take a nap and then deal with the grape juice and the fresh lamb. Instead, I made a ribeye steak (compliments of Conrad) for him, 2 lamb chops for me, potato-carrot mash and steamed kale (was planning on doing something with that tomorrow since tomorrow is National Kale Day). All in all, it has been an exhausting day and I still have to deal with that fresh lamb and edit 30 pages. Where is my clone hiding??? I don't want an evil twin--I want a clone (one that is about 25 years' younger than I am and has the energy I had at that age). The steak and lamb chops were excellent. The DH doesn't like lamb "too fatty."
"Trade you a taste for a taste of that ribeye."
"I don't like lamb."
"This is grass-fed lamb."
"Okay. This tastes almost like beef. It's not fatty at all."
This was about when Myrtle decided the sunflowers were just not as good as what the Big Chickens were eating at the picnic table.
"Is that LAMB? I love LAMB fat." Peck-peck at Ms. Big Chicken's plate.
"Myrtle! Wait for me to cut it for you so you can eat it with your tiny beak."
"Can't wait! Can't wait!" "Oh! I love LAMB fat! Thank you Big Chickens. No, I don't think I want steamed kale...are those mashed potatoes with carrots? Yum!"

Just another day in the life shared with a chicken who dreams of being a therapy chicken. Meanwhile, I dreamt I won Lotto469 last week. I hope that was a premonition dream...yes, I bought a ticket for tomorrow night.

And, the DH is making the wild grape jelly. A friend is arriving tonight around 10 and has offered to clean up my kitchen while she waits for her flight out in the a.m. Life is not that bad...but I doubt I can get her to apply the "skunk remedy" to the Saint Bernard--sigh.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #15
Master Chef

Leftover chicken noodles from last night, and maybe a salad.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Chicken & Dumplings

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:10 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Chicken & Dumplings
What? What? Wait? Where's the chocolate ice cream?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Chicken & Dumplings
Glad to see you Uncle Bob! How do you do your dumplings?

I cheated on the chicken & noodles with Grandma's frozen noodles, found at Walmart of all places. Yumm, good.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:51 PM   #19
Master Chef

Lazy tonight, and tired, so I just threw together a quesadilla. Canned Ortega fire roasted green chiles, a blend of several cheeses I had in the fridge, a little salsa, folded up in a flour tortilla. Dry fried in a hot skillet till browned and bubbly. Pretty yummy.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:01 AM   #20
Master Chef

Hey Hi Uncle Bob. Nice to see you again.

CW, my day was so boring compared to yours. I'm not complaining though! Hope you ended up with a good night's sleep tonight.

Make pulled pork burritos from the last of our pulled pork. Himself and I decided it was wasted since you couldn't tell it was there with the other ingredients. Then again, what we had was more like a rolled taco, full of goodies it was. I also made a bit of rice and beans (and corn and salsa) for a side.