What have you eaten Tuesday January 7, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Lamb loin chops, small shells in mushroom & onion white sauce and garlic & lemon string bean salad.

lamb_010720_IMG_6579.jpg

Ramen Noodles in a Ponzu Sauce with Cubed Chicken Breast, Scallions and Toasted sesame seeds.... Side Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing...

Salad, Blue Cheese, Sesame seeds.jpg

Ponzu Nodles, Chicken Breast, Scallions.jpg

We had "bachelor surprise". This time it was ground pork fried with onions, brown basmati rice, "Asian stir fry mix", seasoned with tamari and sesame seeds. Then, we tried additions of some of the samples of hot sauce from my friend's company, Peppermaster Hot Sauces

We are taking notes about the various hot sauces.

Bahn Mi sandwiches here tonight.
Lot's of groaning and moaning going on as we always really enjoy the combination of flavors, and thanks to Chef John:wub: for teaching me how to make them perfectly.:yum:

Attachments

• P1070047.jpg
    P1070047.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 110
  • P1070048.jpg
    P1070048.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 98
SO and I had lunch with my sister. We really had a lot to eat so there was no interest in dinner. I had a dish of vanilla bean ice cream later on.

Mom had Dr appointment yesterday and we paid bills afterwards, so we stopped and got our Chinese for the month. Mom had shrimp fried rice, and I had General Tso's shrimp and shrimp fried rice lunch combo meal.

Last night I had a bunch of greens I wanted to use in something, and also lot of basil I wanted to use. I thought about an Indian dish I made a while back, in which the greens were briefly steamed, then liquefied in a blender, and used as part of the cooking liquid for lentils. So I did this, but making it Italian flavored. Except for microwaving the greens, the entire dish was made in the Instant Pot. Some Italian sausages, browned, then steamed, while preparing the other ing. The steamed greens were liquified with a handful of basil, and some fresh marjoram. I cooked some onion and bell peppers in some olive oil a few minutes, then a lot of garlic, briefly, with some chopped anchovies, and several fresh bay leaves, followed by a 6 oz can of tomato paste. Then I added the greens, washed out the VM container with enough water for the 1 c each of kamut and puy lentils. I added enough fish sauce to make the water salty enough, added some crushed red peppers, some rehydrated dried eggplant, and pressure cooked the mix for 12 min., letting the pressure release 10 min. Added the cut up sausage, about ¼ c more chopped basil, simmered a few more min., and it turned out great. Added some more basil when served. Reheated well, for breakfast this morning!
Italian type porridge, with kamut and French puy lentils, using greens as the liquid base. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom