What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
french bread pizza. I don't feel like fussin'. I'm going to be on a cleaning spree today. I won't get all of it done, but it's a start. It's supposed to greatly warm up here this weekend, and I want to get some done when it's cool. Around lunch-time, I'll have a grapefruit or something like to snack on.

Sunday Brunch - peach salad with apple poppy seed dressing, Huevos Rancheros Suprema*, Mexican rice, and mimosas featuring Cook's California champagne

* whole wheat flour tortilla browned in butter on both sides, Ranch beans mixed with fresh home made chorizo, two basted eggs, shredded cheddar and jack cheeses, and La Victoria medium salsa, with sour cream and guacamole garnish

Last edited:
The skillet breakfast from Franks Place. Hashbrowns fried with sausage, bacon and onions, topped with melted shredded cheese and a couple easy over fried eggs. So good. Served with whole wheat toast that I spread with cinnamon apple jelly. Also had a glass of orange juice. The best part is that I can only ever get through about half the hashbrown mix so I always have leftovers to bring home for later.

My breakfast from last Friday got me in trouble today at the doctor's office. I ate big and went in for a blood test that didn't rely on a fasting blood. There was a mess up with the testing and a glucose was done...now I'm in dutch with the Doc...he's been letting me slide with diet only as long as I was keeping things under control.

summer time and my schedule is very open. fresh fruit for a starter and then hours later a more trad brunch item. Today will be scrapple and fried egg w/ toast.

summer time and my schedule is very open. fresh fruit for a starter and then hours later a more trad brunch item. Today will be scrapple and fried egg w/ toast.

i just love,love love scrapple, but i've never lived anywhere where i could buy a good one! very rarely, about every couple of years, i'll run across someone who makes their own and is willing to share--those are happy smiling, happy eating times to be remembered....:)

Half a ham, colby/jack, lettuce and tomato sandwich on 12 grain bread. The other half will be lunch.

i just love,love love scrapple, but i've never lived anywhere where i could buy a good one! very rarely, about every couple of years, i'll run across someone who makes their own and is willing to share--those are happy smiling, happy eating times to be remembered....:)

What is scrapple?

I had a boring breakfast: A granola bar & coffee.

simonbaker said:
What is scrapple?

I had a boring breakfast: A granola bar & coffee.

Scrapple is a loaf made from a whole bunch of odds and ends from a pig, most of which would normally be considered inedible. Kinda like Spam, only nastier. Think homemade headcheese. My inlaws are from PA, where they actually fry and eat it. Pennsylvania Dutch delicacy. Lebanon Baloney, both sweet and hot, is much preferable, but also made with indistinguishable pork parts.

I am sure it is delicious to many...

Last edited:
Scrapple is a loaf made from a whole bunch of odds and ends from a pig, most of which would be considered inedible. Kinda like Spam, only nastier. My inlaws are from PA, where they actually fry and eat it. Pennsylvania Dutch (a form of German somehow.). Lebanon Baloney, both sweet and hot, is much preferable, but also made with indistinguishable pork parts.
The name "scrapple" sounds better than the product.

simonbaker said:
The name "scrapple" sounds better than the product.

Maybe they're talking about the faux ice tea. Oh, wait, that's Snapple...

simonbaker said:
I love snapple, strawberry kiwi is the best.

Hmm. Scrapple flavored Snapple? Guarantee it won't taste anything like scrapple. Not that there's anything wrong with scrapple....

Back
Top Bottom