What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_0871.jpg

I found this while we were in Tucson a few months back in a gourmet market.
I had been looking for this brand of Scones mix.
I had plans to take it to Mom when we made of quarterly trek to visit her in California, but since she's now with us, I can make these for her.

IMG_0872.jpg

Can you see the bits of Lemon something-or-another in there?
I asked Mom if she wanted a Glaze on top and she said no.
Just some soft Butter and my homemade Meyer Lemon Curd.

Mom: Not as Lemon-y as I would have thought
Moi: Let's try this

IMG_0873.jpg

I made up a quick Lemon Glaze and that put it over the top delicious!

Now, if I could only find some clotted Cream here in Cowboyville :LOL: I still have a small jar of my homemade Meyer Lemon Marmalade in the pantry ...

K-Girl, if you can't find clotted cream, crème fraîche works. So will mascarpone, but it needs to be thinned with a bit of cream.

I've seen recipes online for crème fraîche, but I don't use it often enough to bother.

K-Girl, if you can't find clotted cream, crème fraîche works. So will mascarpone, but it needs to be thinned with a bit of cream.

I've seen recipes online for crème fraîche, but I don't use it often enough to bother.

I saw Chef John has a recipe to make your own!
SQUEEE!

OMG.... Kgirl... do you have an extra bedroom?

I promise I won't stay long :rolleyes::angel::innocent:

Your too late dragn!
Mom is in residence now,
no more more at the Inn :LOL:

I made ham and cheese quesadillas for us. I also had a bowl of summer goodness, watermelon and blueberries. Yum!
View attachment 48758

CG, can I come to your house for breakfast?

This is not exactly what I had for breakfast; I cooked it for a brunch at an Embassy yesterday. Bubble & Squeak. Think colcannon, and it´s about the same.
Bacon, leeks, cooked potatoes and cabbage - topped with a quail egg. It´s just as good for breakfast with a couple of sunny-side-ups and a sausage or two:
bubble & Squeak.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg
(Mom's plate)

Breakfast Quesadillas, filled with diced Ham, chopped Green Onions,
shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese and scrambled Eggs.
Hard to see that, but it's there... and the usual toppings on the side.
DH's plate had only diced Tomatoes and Salsa.
Pretty dang good, even if I say so myself.
DH said that I need to add this to the rotation :yum:

Yesterday I made a Spanish tortilla, tostada con tomate, arroz con Mexicano, frijoles refritos con chiles verdes y lima, potato hash with Bacon, Onion and Lime, and streusel topped baked peaches with molasses glaze.

I remember we discussed a Spanish tortilla only having eggs, onions, and sliced potatoes, but, following Bobby Flay's lead, my tortilla also contained my homemade chorizo, jalapeños and grated pepperjack cheese.

Yesterday I made a Spanish tortilla, tostada con tomate, arroz con Mexicano, frijoles refritos con chiles verdes y lima, potato hash with Bacon, Onion and Lime, and streusel topped baked peaches with molasses glaze.

I remember we discussed a Spanish tortilla only having eggs, onions, and sliced potatoes, but, following Bobby Flay's lead, my tortilla also contained my homemade chorizo, jalapeños and grated pepperjack cheese.

Oh my goodness gracious me! You had all that just for breakfast?

Back
Top Bottom