What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_0842.jpg

Mom's breakfast.
Some of that Cornbread from last night, toasted, loads of
butter, BACON and an orange that I supremed for her to
make easier to eat.

She claims that I'm putting weight on her ... I weighed
myself this morning and I've lost 6 pounds!!! :LOL:

Ooh, Taylor's Ham! I need to make some of that for sure, mahalo, thanks for reminding me MsM!!!

Enjoy.

We just call it Taylor ham where I am from in NJ. Even if it is a different brand of pork roll. I have seen Taylor, Trenton and ShopRite brands. I like the ShopRite tangy variety the best.

Your breakfasts look wonderful.

Enjoy.

We just call it Taylor ham where I am from in NJ. Even if it is a different brand of pork roll. I have seen Taylor, Trenton and ShopRite brands. I like the ShopRite tangy variety the best.

Your breakfasts look wonderful.

DH is from the Philadelphia area and calls it Tayor's Ham.
The first time he took me back East and we were staying with his older brother's family, my soon to be SIL made us breakfast of Taylor's Ham and the whole shebangs... DH was so excited!
"Oh, youre gonna love this!" he tells me.
"Meh, it's okay I guess. It sorta tastes like Spam."
:ohmy:
You could'a heard a pin drop!
:LOL:
My dearest husband was a gast!
"What?! No it doesn't"
So I froze a copula to take back with us to Honolulu.
The first Sunday that we were home I made up the full Monty Brunch
for DH, myself and my Mom & Dad.
"Dad, what'da think?"
"It tastes like Spam, yeah."
:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 48648

Mom's breakfast.
Some of that Cornbread from last night, toasted, loads of
butter, BACON and an orange that I supremed for her to
make easier to eat.

She claims that I'm putting weight on her ... I weighed
myself this morning and I've lost 6 pounds!!! :LOL:

I forgot to mention the goodly drizzle of local Honey on the Cornbread :yum:

DH is from the Philadelphia area and calls it Tayor's Ham.
The first time he took me back East and we were staying with his older brother's family, my soon to be SIL made us breakfast of Taylor's Ham and the whole shebangs... DH was so excited!
"Oh, youre gonna love this!" he tells me.
"Meh, it's okay I guess. It sorta tastes like Spam."
:ohmy:
You could'a heard a pin drop!
:LOL:
My dearest husband was a gast!
"What?! No it doesn't"
So I froze a copula to take back with us to Honolulu.
The first Sunday that we were home I made up the full Monty Brunch
for DH, myself and my Mom & Dad.
"Dad, what'da think?"
"It tastes like Spam, yeah."
:ROFLMAO:
EA2F3D47-FF1B-45A1-BAAF-ADEEBDA0AE75.jpg

No “s” on the box any more.

This morning I had one poached egg, three bacon, two toasted Oroweat Jewish rye (someone cut the crust off the first four slices), Ovaltine and 2 cappuccini.

Call it what you want.

I was born and raised where it was invented, in Trenton, New Jersey, and we call it Taylor ham.

Last edited:
Rice pudding made with brown rice and homemade soy milk and honey, then I added 9 grain flakes (rolled grains), layered it with fresh chopped peaches and cranberry syrup. I make 6 of those in pint jars and refrigerate. I enjoy it cold.

Breakfast?
We had a power cut at 1am - lasted for 6 hours.
I had to leave at 7.30 to help prepare an Embassy brunch, so I couldn´t even get a cup of tea - our cooker is electric:mad::mad:
Still, got to taste some Venezuelan pulled beef (carne mechada), black beans, arepas, smoked salmon & cucmber jelly ( you wouldn´t believe how good that is!) , bubble & squeak with quail eggs, veggie sausages AND bratwurst, fruit salad and an egg curry with fresh mango and coconut.
Made a change from cornflakes!

I really don't have a dog in this fight but I'd be inclined to use the name on the product package.

No beef here Andy, from the banter in the past, it seems to be
that it depends upon where you're from.
Me, I'm from Hawaii, I go for Spam :LOL:

:idea:
Spam Musubi for breakfast this weekend?
Mom loves that and I haven't made for her
in a while.
:chef:

No beef here Andy, from the banter in the past, it seems to be
that it depends upon where you're from.
Me, I'm from Hawaii, I go for Spam :LOL:...

Sorry, I'm not a fan of Spam either. I consider it way too salty for my tastes. That's from a guy who has been a heavy salt user all his life.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of Spam either. I consider it way too salty for my tastes. That's from a guy who has been a heavy salt user all his life.

That was my DH when I first met him, really heavy handed with the salt shaker. His other family members each have their own salt shaker and sit at the table with their fork in one hand and the shaker in the other :huh:
It took me awhile, but got him away from so much salt.

As to the Spam, he'll only eat it as Musubi or in Fried Rice and I get the 25% less sodium kind, can't take the straight up Spam any more, far too salty.

bubble & squeak with quail eggs,
Made a change from cornflakes!

Sounds yummy!
Last fall I bought a quail cage. Wanted them for eggs. Never got them, still want them... and at least I still have the cage - Son just might find a corner in the garage taken over.

can't take the straight up Spam any more, far too salty.

funny how our tastes change with age. All my life I hardly used salt at all - and now.... :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom