What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now see, I LOVE cheese and I really like scrambled egg. But I have never considered combining the two... how would this work? What type of cheese? When is it added?

Aside from fried, poached etc. when I beat (and I mean beat) eggs for breakfast I almost always add a spoonful of heavy cream and keep on beating. They are sooo silky as to almost make you cry.
If I decide to add cheese it is usually grated, placed only on half the egg with the other half folded over. Pan off the heat, residual heat melts it.
Same applies to any additions I may add - usually. I don't have any hard and fast rules. I do what ever I think of at the moment, whatever I have to hand.

Well this is mostly what I do Dragn! (I don't add cream, but I beat those eggs to within an inch of their lives!) I add my standard strong (sharp) cheddar and fold over. But I find the cheese turns into a sort of lump. Perhaps I am adding too much?

yeah, same same to me. Don't understand why it is lumping though. Is it a melting type cheese?
Perhaps I should come over for breakfast one day. You know, just to see.

yeah, same same to me. Don't understand why it is lumping though. Is it a melting type cheese?
Perhaps I should come over for breakfast one day. You know, just to see.
As long as you don't mind my concrete floored kitchen, you're welcome Dragn! (Only a six hour flight I think?)

Oh, and yes, cheddar melts quite nicely! :)

Should I hold the Surf 'n Turf? Bring it with me? Don't know if I would have enuf for Ollie as well. We'll work on it, sure we can come up with something.

I don't beat the eggs hard. There should still be a few, small streaks of egg white. I often ad about a tablespoon of milk or cream per egg. I add the cheese, all over the egg mass, after it has had 5 or 15 seconds to set the bottom. I used organic mild cheddar. I can buy that already grated, with no additives to keep the pieces from sticking together. If I don't have the one that's already grated, I'll grate some extra old white cheddar. If the pre-grated stuff came in stronger than mild, that's what I would buy.

Should I hold the Surf 'n Turf? Bring it with me? Don't know if I would have enuf for Ollie as well. We'll work on it, sure we can come up with something.
Yeah, don't bring the crusty steak and lobster with you Dragn! Might have some issues at customs! :ROFLMAO: Assume I'll cook or we'll eat out! (What sort of wine do you like? I'm a Pinot Grigio/Sauvignon Blanc type of gal.)

Pinot Grigrio, Chardonnay, even Riesling. But I make my own so not too sure on commercial ones. I have a problem with sulfites.
That's okay, bring some with you then! (I think that would get through customs as long as it's not millions of gallons or something.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom