What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made French toast with a whole wheat Kaiser roll, cut in half, dipped in egg 'n' milk, a Tbsp of flour, tsp. of sugar, dash of salt, then fried. Just right for one; maybe a bit more healthful than challah bread. Felt guilty with nothing green. Gotta try harder.

Simon, how is the dieting going? Haven't seen any recent posts on your breakfast. :angel:
Pretty good Addie, thanks for asking...I am down 53# now! :) All of the support I get from you & everyone on DC has been my lifeline on weight loss and I so much appreciate it!:angel:

Today for breakfast was 2 slices of light wheat bread, toasted, with reduced fat peanut butter & sugar free raspberry jam with some tereyaki beef jerky nuggets & a coffee w/creamer.:yum:

I had the same breakfast to use up the spinach. Quite tasty. CWS, I'm down to one cup of coffee a day...since I really love the taste, I doubt I will give it up.:rolleyes:
I discovered that I didn't really care for the taste of coffee 5 years ago--love the smell of it, but didn't like the aftertaste. I haven't missed it:). Love spinach and eggs!

Pretty good Addie, thanks for asking...I am down 53# now! :) All of the support I get from you & everyone on DC has been my lifeline on weight loss and I so much appreciate it!:angel:

Today for breakfast was 2 slices of light wheat bread, toasted, with reduced fat peanut butter & sugar free raspberry jam with some tereyaki beef jerky nuggets & a coffee w/creamer.:yum:
Excellent that you've lost the weight. We're here for you, SB!

Wow - that's great, SB!

I made up for yesterday's lack of green by nuking a chopped-up stalk of broccoli drizzled with oil just for a couple of minutes. Also one slice of buttered rye toast and a cherry tomato.

A few thinly sliced raw potatoes fried in fat back grease, some fried fat back, a couple of sunnyside eggs, a slice of ryebread with sweet butter, 3 seven ounce cups of strong dark coffee with condensed milk, and a slice of panettone. Guess I'll skip lunch.
Mixed up enough rye bread dough to bake a 3 pound loaf of NYC style rye bread the day after tomorrow. Looking forward to eating lotsa corned beef in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
I had a hungry morning today. But, it held me all through the busy day. I had a small bowl of "life" cereal w/ milk, coffee/creamer, 2 slices of light wheat bread w/pb,sf jelly & a tereyaki beef steak jerky.

Running behind this morning because no sleep last night, I had a bowl of cheerios, coffee and a V-8. Getting so I can;t take my pills unless I have a V-8.

I had that boring breakfast of 2 poached eggs, steamed greens, mashed up avocado, and a side of brown rice and a glass of water to which I added 2 T of red wine vinegar.

Attachments

• breakfast_mar13 019.jpg
    breakfast_mar13 019.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 173
That looks like yum, CWS! :yum:

I am having two small turkey pepperoni sticks and a rice cake with tzatziki (made with probiotic yogurt for my diet).

I had that boring breakfast of 2 poached eggs, steamed greens, mashed up avocado, and a side of brown rice and a glass of water to which I added 2 T of red wine vinegar.

you sure have a tasty looking breakfast there, cws.:yum:it's a lovely combo of favorites of mine, too--perfect for an anytime meal! perfect that is, except for the vinegar-in-the-water part.....uh, no thanks to that.:)

Another nuked stalk of broccoli and a piece of rye toast. I'd sure rather have had Bill's fried 'taters 'n fatback. But the broccoli was on sale, a wrapped pkg. of 4 stalks for $2; looks like two more breakfasts from it -- pretty thrifty meals.

That breakfast plate CWS made sure looks good. I have some beet greens and free range eggs....

Back
Top Bottom