What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning we went out for breakfast and I had a veggie delite omlet..with onion, mushroom, peppers and tomatoes, with a glass of tomato juice and wheat toast.

DH had Strawberry Banana Jack Stack. Pancakes stacked with cream in between, covered with Strawberries and bananas.

I am glad you have been getting more protein into you in the morning. Have those five pounds from Christmas left yet? I sure hope so. :angel:
I didn't stick w healthier eating after Christmas for awhile. New Years was a tough week. Needless to say I ended up gaining 10 lbs, which brought me right back up to 220 lbs. Although, I am happy to report that I am now down 5 lbs! :) Still another 5 to go just to get back to where I was at Christmastime. Thanks for checking Addie! Your support always keeps me going!:angel::angel:

Was planning on baked eggs with roasted asparagus and Parmesan cheese. Unfortunately hubby got called into work.
So I decided on a boiled egg topped it with a little butter and a couple slices of bacon made in Foreman grill.
And coffee with cream.

I had an "okay" frozen selection from Bob Evans, I won't buy them again. It looked like on the package they were hashbrowns surrounding a core of bacon, egg and cheese. Nope, mostly potatoes, barely any of the other ingredients and too much black pepper.

I had 2 slices of bacon, 3 slices of scrapple and 2 scrambles eggs, washed down with 2 cups of maple bacon coffee. I love Sundays as they seem to be the only day that I have time to cook a hot breakfast.

I made an omelet with bacon cheddar we got at TJs. A few strips of bacon along side made a tasty meal.

The pancakes are good, but I should have macerated the blackberries, not add them in plain. I just put a little butter and powdered sugar on them.

I had a really nice gluten-free lemon muffin warmed with a touch of honey. I also had a glass of orange juice and half a banana.

I didn't make these muffins (I generally do make GF muffins for the freezer but the last while have not felt up to it. TB got them from the store. For those on gluten free diets, they are "Udi's" brand and were in the freezer section of our bakery department. I highly recommend them. I think they have blueberry and chocolate as well.

The pancakes are good, but I should have macerated the blackberries, not add them in plain. I just put a little butter and powdered sugar on them.

My Mom would put whole berries (blueberries, raspberries, Saskatoons) into the batter when it was poured onto the griddle. She did this with bananas and even hot dog slices as well. I loved all of them.

An open-faced grilled apple and cheese sandwich (one slice of ww bread, toasted, and then added the apple and cheese and pop it under the broiler to melt the cheese). I just felt like having one of those this morning instead of my usual breakfast. Oh, and a glass of freshly squeezed tangerine juice--love that stuff, but I always want to drink all of the juice from the 8-10 tangerines that I've juiced and not share.

Two poached eggs on a large bed of steamed baby spinach, a serving of rice of the prairies (Cavena Nuda, a/k/a, naked oats. Cavena Nuda is gluten free, contains 5 grams of fibre and 8 grams of protein) sprinkled with nutritional yeast and freshly ground black pepper, and one sliced tomato.

I love the chewiness of the Cavena Nuda and the slightly nutty taste.

Breakfast springrolls (2 rice wrappers filled with scrambled eggs, sauteed baby bok choy, some julienned carrot, and red quinoa) with a hoisin-like dipping sauce, a side of fresh pineapple.

Homemade 7 grain bread, toasted, w dry roasted natural pb & honey. Coffee w creamer

Breakfast springrolls with turkey, egg, broccoli, asparagus, edamane, yellow bell pepper, tomato, spring onion, and a bit of cheese, with Frank's Hot Sauce liberally applied. (I sauted the veggies, added the egg, tomato, and lastly, about 2 T of finely grated old cheddar). Topped that off with 2 tangerines.

Coffee w sugar free coffeemate, an orange, pineapple chunk greek yogurt & a lemon poppyseed muffin

Back
Top Bottom