What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snip 13 said:
Low cal stir fry sauce

1/4 cup of oyster sauce, 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth, 2 tsps honey, 1 tbsp of low sodium soy
Use regular soy and broth if you're not watching salt intake.

Low cal sweet and sour sauce

2 tbsps low sodium soy, 2 tbsp tomato puree or ketchup, 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks in natural juice, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 2 tsps sweetener and 2 tsps of cornflour (cornstarch) to thicken. Mix and cook for a few mins with stir fry.

Nice sauces, Snip! Thanks!

Today for lunch we are going to our fave pizzeria and having our fave gourmet pizza, the lamb yiros pizza :yum: :yum:

!/2 baked potato & a cup of chili from Wendy's.

You are doing so good. Just don't forget to reward yourself every so often. Even if it just a new scarf. Something you would like to have but have always been reluctant to spend the money on yourself.

I have noticed that your meals are getting smaller. One of the tricks a dietitian will tell you about is:

Your stomach doesn't know it has been fed for the first 20 minutes. Have a salad before your main dish. Eat it slowly. By the time you are ready to start to eat your main dish, your stomach will feel full, and you will be inclined to eat less. Choose your dressing for the salad but measure it out to no more than five tablespoons. Less if you think you can do it. Try to find a dressing that has lemon in it. It will perk up the flavor.

I am rooting for you everyday. Keep up the good work. :angel:

Our pizza was lovely...we had the small size as it really is enough for 2...delicious! I took a photo, will upload it later :)

Ham & swiss cheese with yellow mustard on lite, 12 grain bread & 1/2 bag of chips with a bottle of water.

Today was tuna salad on lite, 12 grain bread with some lettuce, tomato & a couple of chips with a side of ranch & a bottle of water.

the above farina post actually belonged in the breakfast thread. it was so yummy that i ate another bowl of it for lunch. this time instead of brown sugar, i added spoonfuls of apricot preserves--so good....:)

Back
Top Bottom