What is your favorite grocery store chain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, that settles it. I'm moving to Russia! That looks like grocery heaven. :blink:

My favorite grocery store was Fresh Market, before they closed the store out here. I'm still mourning, seriously. They had top-notch meats and spices, fantastic (albeit pricey) produce, a huge and wonderful selection of bulk foods, and lots of things I can't get elsewhere. I haven't had chocolate-covered peanut butter-filled pretzels in MONTHS. It's grim.

I get most of my produce at the Farmers' Market in spring, summer, and fall. I also get eggs, honey, and maple syrup there, along with some baked goods from time to time. For everything else, and in the winter, I do almost all of my grocery shopping at Meijer. It's big and clean and has a nice selection. Their store-brand organics are good quality and affordable. Their meat selection could be better. I also like that they're local (a regional chain based in MI). I like to support local businesses when possible.

I do all my shopping at Loblaws, unless I can't find something there.

Any relation to Bob Loblaw? :chicken:

When I go to Eugene, OR, my favorite grocery store is Market of Choice. I also
have to go to Trader Joe's, while not a full service grocery store, it still is a "must" to visit.

I like Whole Foods, Sunflower Market and Trader Joe. I think they sell some of the best food out there, and they sell organic products which I've noticed conventional grocers are finally catching on to.

RALEY'S Supermarket

I love to grocery shop at RALEY'S Supermarket. They have a great selection of food items. When I come across new ingredients to me in a recipe RALEY'S always stocks them. They've never let me down.

:chef: Max

Hi all. New to this forum. I am a nurse but I think I missed my calling. I love to cook. I learned knife skills from Foodnetwork and Emeril. To answer the post we have Publix markets locally and the Menonites farms here in Ky for fresh produce which is of course seasonal but awesome. Canning is a good alternative to saving what is now fresh. I am trying to freeze some tomatoes for later use. Has anyone ever done that and how did they turn out for use in soups in stews, etc.... or sauces?
Thanks to those who have time to answer any questions!

I usually do my grocery shopping at Mahima supermarket.It is a little exensive but they do sell good products there and the waiter's found there are very welcoming

I usually do my grocery shopping at Mahima supermarket.It is a little exensive but they do sell good products there.There is nothing you want that you won't fine there.plus the waiters there are polite.

I usually do my grocery shopping at Mahima supermarket.It is a little exensive but they do sell good products there.There is nothing you want that you won't fine there.plus the waiters there are polite.
waiters at a supermarket? hmmmmmmmmmmm we don't have waiters at any supermarket i have ever been to.

WOW, haven't seen anything like this since a visit to Harrod's in London. Certain Moscovites shop well.

WOW, haven't seen anything like this since a visit to Harrod's in London. Certain Moscovites shop well.

Don't worry the rest of the shops here are nothing like harrods :LOL:

4025538-inside_Soviet_style_produkti_shop-Ternopil.jpg

Reality

I know; I've been in minimalist stores in the Slovak Republic. Bare/Minimal, need I say more. The shot with the fur coat in the Moscow store was telling. That's why a said certain Moscovites shop well. My favorite grocery store is a native AZ company called Basha's, and they are struggling. 14 stores are scheduled for closing in Phoenix. Somebody said the economy is getting better?

P.

What i meant is hostess the ladies who take care of the customers in the supermarket

Back
Top Bottom